Not download album arts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it doesn't work for you while your phone is on 3g it can be:

- your mobile provider require mobile agent header (check Mobile User Agent in Album Art settings). This will cause reduced set of images to be found.

- download hi-res images option is enabled and image size is too large for 3g to handle in timely manner. Try to disable Hi-res image downloading

- your mobile provider blocks /redirects google image searches. Nothing can be done about that

Thanks!

If it doesn't work for you while your phone is on 3g it can be:

- your mobile provider require mobile agent header (check Mobile User Agent in Album Art settings). This will cause reduced set of images to be found.

- download hi-res images option is enabled and image size is too large for 3g to handle in timely manner. Try to disable Hi-res image downloading

- your mobile provider blocks /redirects google image searches. Nothing can be done about that

Thanks!

I always downloaded arts through wi-fi, a few months ago all be good. After this bug i tried to switch off and on all options in album arts settings, clear the cache, but it steel doesn't work.

P.S. This problem occurs not only at me

I have ticked mobile user agent. (I'm the one who suggested it :D) The image is definitely not too big as it was working fine a month ago and the loading icon seems to stay for a second or two then dissappears. All that's left is maybe my provider is redirecting image searches, I will look into it.

I have ticked mobile user agent. (I'm the one who suggested it :D) The image is definitely not too big as it was working fine a month ago and the loading icon seems to stay for a second or two then dissappears. All that's left is maybe my provider is redirecting image searches, I will look into it.

Screen recorded the bug.

I have been using  the Power amp 2.0.9 build 555 for more than a month now. Initially I had enabled the album art download feature but found the quality too low besides the choice of album designs were poor.

So now I download JPEG files directly from the net and insert them into the respective album folders. It works very well for files that are not embedded and I find the software creates its own version of the JPEG- albumart.pamp file in the same folder. This way i can ensure and choose the best design and quality for each album.

I wish to know from experienced users here if there are any limitations to file and folder size that this app can handle?   I have loaded my entire I tunes library on a pen drive and use the USB OTG feature to play the music. I am also very happy that the app can play AIFF and wave files ripped off DVD's . The default music player cannot handle these files.  

thanks

Hey i have a problem with the album art too. I have a HTC One S (4.1.1) and a Nexus 4 (4.4.2). On the HTC One S are the album cover loading with no problems when i change the songs, on the Nexus 4 they won't change. I have made a video to demonstrate the problem. Can you please help me, how to download the album art on the Nexus 4 ?

The App Version on both devices is: 2.0.9.-build-555-play.

Video: http://youtu.be/-K4CSloGWyc

Long press on the album art area if you want to download new cover art for a track manually.

Have you tried using the Clear Album Cache feature in Poweramp?

It kinda looks as though you have an albumart.pamp file inside the folder where all the songs you are playing are located, which will be used as the album art. Try deleting that (those) manually in a file explorer.

Andre

It kinda looks as though you have an albumart.pamp file inside the folder where all the songs you are playing are located, which will be used as the album art. Try deleting that (those) manually in a file explorer.

Nice try, but it didn't work. I found albumart.pamp and deleted it. Still not found album arts.

Nice try, but it didn't work. I found albumart.pamp and deleted it. Still not found album arts.

What happens when you long-press on the cover art image in the player screen? (ideally when you are on Wi-Fi to eliminate a few possible variables) Do you see any artwork to choose from? Are the title, artist and album title tags set correctly in your music files?

Andre

What happens when you long-press on the cover art image in the player screen? (ideally when you are on Wi-Fi to eliminate a few possible variables) Do you see any artwork to choose from? Are the title, artist and album title tags set correctly in your music files?

Andre

My problem is the same as the video by leontodd.

SC20140516-183210.png

Sounds like this might be one for Max to look into.

All I can say is that it's working fine for me on my Galaxy S3 with root & custom Jelly Bean ROM, and on my Galaxy Note 3 with stock KitKat. Sometimes not many results on obscure tracks, but otherwise it's fine.

Andre

Poweramp album art download logic is even more complicated now, with introduction of HD images.

Generally, there are less HD images available on internet. Thus, not all tracks can get HD (most popular ones usually have multiple HD available, but it's not guaranteed). Poweramp always, though, tries to download also non-HD images.

But, when 3g connection is used, HD image can be very slow to download (it can be few MB).

And 3g connection in some countries/providers require specific user-agent (this is enabled by Use Mobile User Agent in Poweramp album art settings). Please note, that also reduces number of possible images found, as this results in mobile optimized images found (as understood by Google).

Also, some 3g and wifi connection providers modify / redirect http responses (such as showing wifi login page, ads, etc). In this case it basically won't download anything until you open something browser and pass the login or welcome page.

In any case, try to open google search and search for any images in your mobile browser. If you don't see expected results (such as you're redirected to some other page, you got mobile provider welcome or ads), it won't work.

Thanks!

Archived