Wired Remote Triple-Click Support?

loomer

The latest version added double-click support, which is great. Would it be possible to extend that to triple click-support?

In the other app bTunes, it accepted input from my wired headset wherein single-click --> play/pause, double-click --> forward one track, and triple-click --> skip backwards one track.

I loved this functionality, and it worked just fine with my old iPhone headset with wired mic/remote. I'm not sure about how the implementation works, but if double-click is supported just fine, and triple-clicking to rewind worked in another app, hopefully it's not impossible to incorporate into Poweramp

Congrats on the great app and big publicity. Looking forward to being able to send some money your way when the app is officially released. Thanks man!

P.S. I will sacrifice many livestock in your honor when v2.0 rolls around with gapless playback :]

Yo fauxfreshness-- thanks for the reply. I peeped at the FAQ and saw the section that you're referring to, but I guess my original question is a little different than that.

For those of us using wired remote headsets designed to work with iPhones, the only usable button is the middle-click that is currently used to pause/play and skip forward.

I guess a better way to phrase the original request is the ability to do play/pause, skip forward, and skip backward all with that one button. Again, I remember that this was hard-wired into bTunes (which is generally a pretty iffy player, heh...)-- probably to try and adhere to the iPod experience as much as possible.

Hopefully it's something that can be incorporated into Poweramp too. I'm sure it would make more people happy than just me :]

Thanks for the request.

Better customization of headset buttons will be available in next major version. As for plain triple click support - I'm adding it to TODO for next minor release (it will require double click option enabled in the PowerAMP settings.

Archived