duplicates

Do you mean when adding songs to a playlist (which is what the Duplicates menu option refers to) or do you mean that songs/albums appear twice in your Library? If the latter, you need to check "Settings" > "Folders and Library" > "Music Folders" and ensure that if there are two seemingly identical file systems showing, you only have one of them ticked.

Andre

There is no option for duplicates)) The option to remove duplicates from user created playlist also won't help, as it's about something that look like duplicate to Poweramp (i.e. has the same path).

Your device has some aliased storage path which is selected in Poweramp Folders and Library / Music Folders settings. Please uncheck those.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hello Guys :)

I'm sorry if I'm beeing dumb but in the folders dropdown I seem to be unable to find the aliased /music folder. I know it is there, by using a storage explorer on my rooted device I saw it, but in Poweramp it only appears once. Has anyone a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Bin

Just disable everything in the Poweramp Music Folders list first, and then drill down to find your one 'real' music folder and enable that (which will enable all of the subfolders under it too, unless you want to manually deselect any of them)

Andre

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I didn't know what exactly you mean, but why don't you try Duplicate Files Deleter? If you need a software to find and delete duplicate files, it is a good one.  It will do a thorough search of your hard disk and find out the two or more duplicate files of the same file which may be stored at different locations. It will give you a comprehensive list of all those files and you can decide for yourself what you want to do with them. It's easy to use.

Archived