Embedded Album Art not showing up no matter what I do

I carefully and meticulously embedded all the album art into my mp3 files. Poweramp was showing them fine. I was having an issue with one particular album and I decided to clear the album art cache to see if it would fix the issue, but now Poweramp is not showing any album art at ALL no matter what I do.

I have all of the options turned off - download album art, in folder album art, etc. I have done many full rescans, scans, uninstalled and reinstalled Poweramp and cleared the data and everything and still nothing. I am at my wits end for getting the album art to show up properly. Is there any way I can force Poweramp to simply rescan all of the files and look at the embedded album art again so it will show up?

Thanks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes this happened to me today as well.  I just got a new phone so I dragged all my music from desktop into music folder.  Poweramp see the music fine but it will not download album art even with all the correct settings marked in the settings to download the album art.  The info tags are correct but it cannot find album artwork for some reason.  Please somebody help me it used to work so well.

Ok to elaborate I got a new phone the lg g2 and sold my htc one.  So I loaded all my music on the phone, then I installed pacman rom 4.4.2 and then put Poweramp.  

Should I delete all my music and readd the music again?

aldo

Can you please send that track with embed album art to Poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com for tests?

AndrewM3

Have you enabled Hi-Res image downloading? You may get better results with this option off.

Thanks!

No I have not enabled this option.  I will delete all songs and readd them and see if this works.  In settings album art this is what I have checked download album art, album art animation, also search by title, prefer downloaded album art.  This is all that is checked in that settings it doesn't find it even on wifi something is wrong.

no that does not work as well.  is the problem the Poweramp install should I clear data and uninstall it?

It will show a blue wheel spinning as in searching then it says no album artwork found even though artist and title is correctly named idk I think it has to do with the mp3 file location or something I'm not sure please help me fix this.

I cleared the data for Poweramp and reinstalled it but it still won't find album art.  I am running pacman rom but with my htc I was running all kinds of roms never had an issue.

aldo

Thanks for the files but we can't reproduce it on our Nexus5/4.4.2 Poweramp 554-build. Embed art is loaded properly for us.

What happens if you hit Info/Tags on such track? Does it show "Embed art (xx bytes)"? Same for long press on album art - does it show Embed album art thumbnail?

Also, Poweramp is able to set No album art image (Poweramp logo in Select album art dialog). May be you previously set such option? Then just select the Embed album art in that dialog.

Thanks!

If I long press on a track the track info says Album Art - No Embed Album Art, which can't be right because I have confirmed it.

When I long press on album art it does not show Embedded Album Art.. it seems to be searching the internet for it.

I have not set such an option for No Album Art - note that I do not see any album art for any of my albums even though all of the files have the album art embedded.

It seems that Poweramp is not recognizing the embedded album art? Any particular reason? If you check the files I sent you can clearly see that album art is embedded correctly..

EDIT: I figured it out.. was a silly setting in Musicbee.  :mellow:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

having the same problem - have several hundred virtual organ music files (as may be found at virtuallybaroque.com with no ID3 tags) where I have diligently embedded a photo of the actual organ as the album cover as part of the ID3 tag so I can see which instrument is being virtually played.

After digging out my old phone, I checked with a much older version of Poweramp using the exact same files and the older version shows the embedded art with a different instrument in the photo as each track plays.

The current version plus a couple of latest versions of Poweramp show only one image for the entire album and do not show the artwork embedded in individual files.

Have emailed Max a link to my Box account with a few example files. Anyone else interested in seeing that the different artwork per mp3 file is indeed embedded in the files (or who simply likes very good organ music in the public domain :) ) please PM me for a link the Box files.

• 1 month later...

having just updated to 2.0.10 build 571 play, the just released version, I can confirm that this problem is still not fixed. I advise checking the mp3 files I've uploaded to Box cloud storage as examples because they perfectly and succinctly demonstrate the problem.

Embedded images within mp3 tracks are not displayed when the track is playing. They used to be displayed as my old Galaxy S2 running a much earlier version of Poweramp will prove.

Thanks for the link.

The organ music files work fine for me (tested on a Galaxy Note 3 with build 571 of Poweramp), with each track showing a different image in the player screen as per the embedded tags:

post-127-0-24656900-1418648912_thumb.png

post-127-0-69802800-1418648920_thumb.png

I wonder if you've got some cached artwork which is causing the problem? Could you check the folder, and remove any non-MP3 files (folder.jpg, etc) or try putting the song files into a fresh empty folder and see if the same thing happens? You could also try deleting the whole album art cache via Settings > Album Art, but that's a bit drastic if you've got other downloaded artwork that you want to keep.

Andre

that's interesting Andre. I moved the files to a folder completely separate from the rest and deleted the art cache and rescanned but the artwork is still not changing as each track plays. 

I only ever embed the artwork and don't use folder.jpg files and always strip extraneous files from my music folders.

I'm using a HTC One M8 under Apex Launcher with only the stock music player and Google play music as the other (completely unused) players on the phone. 

For some reason Poweramp is not displaying the artwork in the track and only using whatever is the 'per album' artwork. Could it be an HTC issue ?

But if you don't have any 'per album' artwork in the folders, and have presumably turned the auto-downloaded feature off in Settings > Album Art, and have deleted the album art cache and have done a Full Rescan, then I wonder where the incorrect artwork is coming from anyway?! The next thing to try would be to remove all app data (using the system Application Manager menu) and effectively run Poweramp as a new install.

Andre

• 11 months later...

finally, I have the artwork showing up correctly... what I did was enter folder (using file browser) \sdcard\android\data\_com.maxmpz.audioplayer and deleted all the files (but left the folders). I've always used the classic skin, but I downloaded a different skin - which I wasn't crazy about and reverted back to the classic skin, I deleted all album art via Poweramp settings and forced a full rescan.

Somewhere in the process, something got fixed and now different tracks of the same album with different embedded artwork display the correct artwork in the main app, the lock screen and the notification pull-down. Everything above except changing skins I've done a large number of times before for various reasons including trying to sort out this incorrect artwork problem so I can only conjecture that maybe the skin had something to do with it.

Archived