Hi all,

Some times when a track plays, another track plays for a second or two and then the original track continues..Kinda like a CD skipping, but with a totally different song. 

I've tried to solve this myself, but no dice.

- I've deleted the song (thinking it was corrupt) and then re-copied the track. This kind of worked as the track is fine but it does the "skipping" to another song.

- I've formatted my SD card in my computer, re-copied all the music (pain full process since I didn't use the ones on the SD card...just in case).  Still does the random skipping.

- I've formatted my SD card in the device, re-copied all the music again,  and the random skipping happens.

Notes:

- Skipping happens when I use any playlist or all songs...it doesn't seem to matter.  It is random. Its a different song. It is not sequential though (like song after song).

- The device is usually on battery as I'm at work with music playing in the background. The battery is usually FAR from dead. Lots of life.

- If I hear a song skip, I can go back after a few songs or right after it's done, play that song and it will skip again. If I copy the song to my computer (via bluetooth or usb) it's fine.

Strange...SO...I thought it was my SD card. I had a 32gig Sandisk micro class 10 installed. I went out and bought a Lexar High speed 32gig Class 10 card. Does it on either card. I use the cards for music only. That way, if the card dies (which I've heard of happening) I don't loose my photo's. So there's only the music on the SD card and nothing else. Poweramp is set to look only at that SD card's music folder.

I'm running a Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M with Android 4.3 and Poweramp Version 2.0.9-Build-541-arm-play.  

I realize there's a newer version available, but I'm in a sanctioned country for work, so If I update via Tunnel Bear, Poweramp doesn't like it...no matter what I try (I have updated here in the past and Poweramp will stop working after a few days if it can't verify the purchase...man I hate where I am sometimes lol)

Anyways...if anyone has any thoughts ASIDE from the update, I'm all ears.  OH...this has happened in the past with a previous version (hence update may or may not fix the issue)

Much Thanks all!

Darryl

I don't think I can get the error from your description? "another track plays for a second or two and then the original track continues" - do you mean in the middle of track? Or in beginning/ending? Because as for later - it sounds like crossfade.

Do you have DVC enabled? Do you have Crossfade enabled? Short fade in/out? What happens if you disable those?

Poweramp doesn't decode 2 songs and there are just no 2 songs/decoders in memory unless there is a crossfade. Are you sure sound comes exactly from Poweramp? As some other player can play that other song part (Poweramp will pause itself in that moment).

Is this for wired headset? For BT?

Anyway I would suggest updating to latest builds, as we don't test some old ones.

Thanks!

Hi there'

do you mean in the middle of track? Or in beginning/ending? Because as for later - it sounds like crossfade - Do you have DVC enabled? Do you have Crossfade enabled? Short fade in/out? What happens if you disable those?

No. It seems to be towards the end of a track usually, however, Cross-fade is not enabled. I've never it. I just double checked to make sure it's not turned on. Its off.  The only thing turned on is EQ so I can clean up the low mids a tad. I've turned DVC off and no MusicFX enabled.  The Audio Thread Priority is at +2 and the Audio Buffer is set to AUTO.

Are you sure sound comes exactly from Poweramp? As some other player can play that other song part (Poweramp will pause itself in that moment).

I've made absolutely sure that there is no other music player running in the back ground or turning on when headphones are plugged in or unplugged. I also generally have my phone on mute when music is playing so that songs aren't interrupted by a notification.

It seems to do it on any output (I don't use bluetooth audio so we'll skip that). I can just run off the S4's speaker or with speakers plugged in or the headphones. I rarely use bluetooth and its usually turned off until I need it for a file transfer.

DVC was enable, but I have now switched it off as you've instructed. I'll be out at the hangar again tomorrow. Music of course will be playing. I'll msg back my findings.

Thanks

D

:angry: OMG what the hell did you do to my Poweramp?ever since i downloaded last update over the weekend my music sounds like DODO!

i'm glad i'm not the only one,i was just boasting about the app and now this...how do i get to the prior update?please help,my DR.dre sound like crap now!HELP! :wacko:

I don't think I can get the error from your description? "another track plays for a second or two and then the original track continues" - do you mean in the middle of track? Or in beginning/ending? Because as for later - it sounds like crossfade.

Do you have DVC enabled? Do you have Crossfade enabled? Short fade in/out? What happens if you disable those?

Poweramp doesn't decode 2 songs and there are just no 2 songs/decoders in memory unless there is a crossfade. Are you sure sound comes exactly from Poweramp? As some other player can play that other song part (Poweramp will pause itself in that moment).

Anyway I would suggest updating to latest builds, as we don't test some old ones.

Thanks!

Ok just for info i have reset my phone played with ALL the adjustments in the equalizer and still either i get echo or grabed music,what did YOU do wrong?

Ok just for info i have reset my phone played with ALL the adjustments in the equalizer and still either i get echo or grabed music,what did YOU do wrong?

Ok i might have jumped the gun on my crying,i think the cold might have killed my dre beats up here in the northeast dam near 0 degrees...will post with results :huh:

Ok i might have jumped the gun on my crying,i think the cold might have killed my dre beats up here in the northeast dam near 0 degrees...will post with results :huh:

So...I haven't done anything. This is a random issue. Maybe a bug...who knows. Hence why we're discussing it. And maybe it's already fixed in the new release which I can't get for another 2 weeks because of where I am for work.

Now...You're $200.00 Dre Beats headphones aren't the topic of dicsussion here.  But since you mentioned it, Dre Headphones have emphasised High's and emphasised low end...kinda like the smiley face eq curve which 9 times out of ten, is the direct source of sound issues since the eq curve in the headphones is no longer balanced. So, if you use the EQ and have the mids scooped just like the headphones, your doubling the loss and gain which usually leads to sonic distortion.  It seems to me, that in 20+ years of audio engineering, DJ's and music lovers have a tendency to do the ol' Smiley face eq curve. This is a known fact.  When I was mixing bands and went to a local venue, If I saw the smiley face EQ on the racks, I turned around and walked out...That type of curve is horrible.  EQ should be used to "AID" in, or reducing the frequencies that are more prominant from a specific source in an area (or headphones).  The #1 rule in EQ is NEVER BOOST. Reduce instead...and a little goes a long way.  

Also...with regards to the Dre's...They're prone to cracking around the ear piece...this could lead to sound leaking in and out.  

With regards to digital audio, the files are prone to corruption which can cause many different sound audities like the ones you mention.  Always check the source first...then move on.  

One more thing...if you're headphones can't handle 0 degree weather (I used to live in northern ontario for 34 years and now on the east coast...where it also goes to -20 or -30) then sadly...they're junk. I've had the cheapest headset around (old Panasonics) survive -30 or lower...no issues (I even used a walkman tape and CD with them...they served me well). I have Sennheisers now, and IMO, there's no other for daily use. Clean, quiet and with a small touch of corrective eq, music is even better.

There's my rant on overpriced headphone's and digital audio for today.

As for you're issues....maybe start another post with a description of the problem(s) because it sounds unrelated to mine. Best of luck though in any case.

PS: Poweramp is probably the best audio player available...It is an app...and the developer is handling all the known issues and bugs as fast as they can.

:angry: OMG what the hell did you do to my Poweramp?ever since i downloaded last update over the weekend my music sounds like DODO!

i'm glad i'm not the only one,i was just boasting about the app and now this...how do i get to the prior update?please help,my DR.dre sound like crap now!HELP!  :wacko:

You're above quote isn't exactly the best post for getting support...

D

Hello all;

So after the above troubleshooting and updating Poweramp to the latest version...I still get songs kinda skipping as originally mentioned.

HOWEVER....

I decided to take this all a step further.  I decided to use the built in MUSIC app with the phone to see if songs skip.  Sadly enough...They also skip in the build in MUSIC app...

So, it almost sounds to me that its a related issue to media on a microSD card...so far...

I think the final step is to wipe all the music off the card and re-copy all the music directly to the phone and see what happens. 

MAXMP:   Thanks for you input. I'll let you know what happens when I use the internal storage VS external storage regardless so if someone else reports the same issue, you have some more information to provide them.

Thanks

D

Archived