New in town

Touch0Gray

Been using Power Amp for a couple of years but have yet to be able to figure out how to get an equalization setting to stick around. It seems that when the playlist or album advances, the equalizer reverts to a default, (in my case that is my headphones setting) can I change the setting default and have it universal?

Fwiw, we are talking about a galaxy tab 2 7.0, jelly bean 4.2.2. I am referring to creating a preset (actually flat with pre amp maxed out) for feeding through my home stereo. I select my preset, but when the track that is playing is through and power amp advances to the next track, it reverts back to the preset designated as wired headphones. It isn't a huge issue as I can certainly pull enough gain out of my stereo (hooray for McIntosh), it just bugs me when I can't get something to do what I think it should. Other than that I love the app. If I could stream Pandora or podcasts it would be perfect. (the equalizer being the best part)

Here's the issue, there is a slim chance of me using my device speakers on my tab or my S4, so essentially I need 3 equalization settings, wired headphones, car and home stereo. All 3 use the same physical output from the device (headphone jack) So if I assign headphones or wired speakers how does it differentiate?

I guess that is kind of what I figured/determined by trying EVERYTHING. I really only use the gain to compensate for the volume via aux in on the devices, but for headphones I don't care to blow my eardrums apart (the 60's and 70's did more than enough of that..LOL) I will just have to devise a work-around......Flat with a good wav or flac file seems to mimic the original recording pretty accurately. (the boys on the mixing board recorded it that way for a reason!) Thanks for your response. So let me ask another question, as to fidelity, how would a bluetooth connection stack up against a wired connection? Any idea or opinion? 

edit:

Never mind I googled that.....wires>bluethooth hands down!

To TouchOGrey: I had the same problem. I fixed it by unassigning ALL of my presets, now they "stick" as they should. (I do have to set them manually, but that's better than having them change each time I change tracks.) I, too, have a pretty high end audio system. Currently I'm runing analog from my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to a Fiio E09K headphone amp and on to my Pioneer Elite A/V receiver. Ive read that the internal Sammy DAC is not very good but so far im prety happy with the sound. How about you?

I am less satisfied with the MP3 than flac or .wav, but honestly, without owning the "analog"  vinyl and a high end turntable, I have no real comparison any more (yeah and about the ears......) Most of my stereo is considered vintage (power amp, speakers  and pre date to the mid 70's) HOWEVER I can blow a LOT of the modern stuff right out of the water at any volume. I mean todays real high end stuff is GREAT but i could not justify spending that kind of green.

I think enough of Poweramp to include it in my system!

AU7700.jpg

MC2100a.jpg

Fine old Mac gear, really takes me back. Did my tip about unassinging the presets help with your equalizer issue? I use the headphone amplifier as a preamp, it has plenty of gain to deal with the low output from the phone.

Archived