Need AMR formats for audio

dr.aar

Hello, everyone who likes this Poweramp. 

I bought this soft some days ago and now I have very important request for this player. 

It will be the best player if it will support audio format as AMR.

Because it's very usefull format for mobile devices.

Please:
add the supporting of AMR format

Thanks for your work.

I hope that you will hear my little request.

Sincerely, Alex.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/15/2014 at 7:30 AM, Magadaner said:

Thanks for request, but what is need for Poweramp music player to read and play AMR?

I replied on another thread that is newer than this one, it was called I believe, "AMR visual voicemail recordings. Here is the post I made. 

Expediter   

• Expediter
  • New Members
  • 1 post

I agree but for the reasons that I have, it would not to be to listen to music but instead to voice.

1. Many texting apps use the amr format. Playing these voice files would be nice. 

2. It's the smallest clear format for voice. This clears up storage on the local device, some which have no sdcard or perhaps the cloud storage access transfer is over cell data and wifi is not available.

3. Converting mp3 or aac, or better yet wav files to amr can be done with enormous reductions in storage for those who are not listening to music. Yes it is probably horrible for music. 

However, vocal reading of texts, old answering machine recording, prayers, preaching, instructional teachings, etc. It is a viable option as a small yet fairly clear audio format.

4. Do you really think people who are listening on a mobile device speakers are audiophiles? No, the point simply needs to get across to the listener.

I don't mean to be snarky if I came across that way, but many moderator has asked why in years past, but no one to date has given any of these reasons that I have seen.

Thank you 

I already replied to the other thread:

I have no idea if Max plans to support this format (unlikely I would have thought) however I do know that his emphasis is for Poweramp to be the ultimate music player, supporting high resolution output (e.g. 24bit, 192kHz) and lossless formats like FLAC.

I do agree that very few people using an app like Poweramp would be expecting to use their phone's tiny loudsqueaker for much though!

Andre

Archived