How do I...

milehighxr

Get Ford Sync to recognize Power amp? I have been able to get my GS3 to sync phone book and such with Ford Sync, and I even have slacker working over bluetooth, but when I open power amp and tell Sync to  look for mobile apps it doesn't work. I really like power amp, but if it will not work with Ford Sync, I don't wanna buy it.

• 4 weeks later...

Ford sync system is extremely strange in the way it chooses to work and not work. Question for you, does any other 3rd party music player work (not including slacker, Pandora, and those very popular services)? 

I have used my s4 in a ford before to stream music so I do not know exactly what the problem could be.

• 3 weeks later...

I can get the stock player to work using the "Bluetooth media stream" as my source. I want to try to see if Power Amp will work in this way, but my free trial has expired, and I can't get another free trial by just uninstalling and reinstalling anymore(it worked once before). I flatly refuse to spend any money on this if I can't figure out for sure if it will work the way I would like it to.

Sorry for this issue, we would love to test it out and see if it works for you but cannot get a hold of a Ford. We hope you can still find other reasons to use Poweramp at the end of the day.

Before I go, does any other 3rd party music player word like I previously mentioned (not including Pandora, slacker, or the other popular stream services)?

Not that I am aware of I haven't tried any others other than GMMP, and it requires the source to be set to bluetooth media stream like the stock player.

I'd to be able to re-download a working tiral so I can play with the source selection, but when I tried last night it said my trial was expired. This is after uninstalling and reinstalling from a fresh download...

Replaygain/album art seems to play nicer with power amp than GMMP, but I don't buy anything until I figure out how to get it to do what I want....

• 1 month later...

So I bought Pwoeramp unlocker, and now I have a new question:

How do I keep the lock screen from staying on after I get a text notification whiel listening in PA? On my SGS3 with Android 4.3 the screen turns on when I get a text, and the message is displayed. If I am not using PA, the screen timesout after about 3-5 seconds, and shuts off again. However when I am listening to music the screen comes on, and stays on until I shut the screen off.

I can get PA to at least play with Ford Sync thru bluetooth medai stream as my source, but it would be really nice if it had the ability to display artist, and song title at the least, and the album as weel at the most. thanks

Archived