Neutron Player

mikeyd85

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mpeval&hl=en_GB

So this app came out a couple of days ago. 

Basically, I was clicking through looking for a music player app with a tablet layout (!) and stumbled across this. At first I thought it was another app by Max MP (due to it's player UI style and layout), but it isn't. 

Now, I've been using Poweramp for a long time now, and even I got confused!

Just thought you guys should know about this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mpeval&hl=en_GB

So this app came out a couple of days ago.

Basically, I was clicking through looking for a music player app with a tablet layout (!) and stumbled across this. At first I thought it was another app by Max MP (due to it's player UI style and layout), but it isn't.

Now, I've been using Poweramp for a long time now, and even I got confused!

Just thought you guys should know about this.

First off, Neuron has been around for YEARS and if you bothered to look you would see this instead of being ignorant. Second, it has better sound options like 64bit audio processing, something Poweramp does not include. It furthermore can play streaming music from online sources, something that those of us who have supported Poweramp from its release have been asking for now MANY years. To be completely honest some of us are getting tired of the s*it going on with Poweramp adding stupid useless features like some obscure format only two or three people in the world are using with their music collections. Honestly wtf would anyone be listening to some observe lossless format that takes 100x the hard disk space on a freekin phone or tablet? It's so damn aggravating to see the Poweramp change log include s*it no one cares about with important features that have been requested for many years by many people taking a back seat to useless s*it.

The problem with Neuron is its interface looks like it was designed by a schizophrenic mentally handicap 4 year old. Don't let the photos on the Market fool you, download the trial and see how awful it really looks. If Neuron actually got their act together and redesigned the interface it would put Poweramp out of business. Unfortunately in its current state Neuron is ugly with a settings menu that will drive you crazy. As I said before 64bit audio sounds amazing; it's easy to hear the difference with Neuron sounding much better then Poweramp. That and as I said it can play just about any streaming audio (Drop Box, Google Drive, or Internet radio links like shoutcast) making it vastly more useful over Poweramp especially as phone manufacturers remove SD slots and force the cloud.

The irony is Poweramp could at the very least add the ability to stream from an online source with ONE GOD DAMN line of code. Several other devs have pointed this out on XDA but again have been ignored. The device for Poweramp seems to be anti-everything online streaming. I get it with video and already have an amazing video player app so could care less about video support feeling it's just a waste of time in an audio player, but by ignoring the thousands of requests to play from online sources now for YEARS Poweramp is starting to pass off a lot of us who have always recommended the app as the best music player available for Android.

How is the 2 year in the making 3.0 version going? Probably nowhere because the dev is too busy spending the millions he has made on the app adding support for some stupid format that no one actually uses in a once a year update. Anyone remember the BS we kept hearing from the Launcher Pro dev? The constant "the big update is coming!" for years until people finally figured out it was a scam and no update was coming. I am starting to feel that way with Poweramp. Where the hell are visualizations? Years ago it was one of the highest requested features other than streaming online playing. Still don't have both. I am not going to even bother requesting 64bit processing as that would just be another 20 years in the making and never actually make it into the app. Look at the change log, it's like watching paint dry.

I am sure 3.0 if it ever actually gets released will not only somehow forget to add streaming support, but will come as a paid update again despite what the dev has said in the past. If that's the case I will definitely make the switch to the better sounding, more featured, but awful train wreck of an interface Neuron Player.

Not holding my breath with Poweramp anymore.

That's just ridiculous

First off, Neuron has been around for YEARS and if you bothered to look you would see this instead of being ignorant. Second, it has better sound options like 64bit audio processing, something Poweramp does not include.

Just for starters how much music do you own that is acutally native 64 bit? Please tell me 10 albums you have that are 64 bit. Secondly, with the capability of the human ear do you honestly think that you can actually hear the difference between 24, 32, or 64 bit audio - especially when played from a mobile device?

Point being that next to no 64 bit albums are even in existance and that even if there WERE a great number of them, they would just be a waste of space on a mobile device anyway.

Regardless, I'd like to blind test anyone who says they can hear a difference between 32/64 bit processing using Neutron on their phone or tablet. Sure it looks great on paper, but give a person two identical devices with identical headphones, playing the same encode of a given song, with the same player settings (outside of bit choice) and have them pick the better of 64bit on & off 10+ times. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible to make a player sound 'better' by employing some nifty crossfeed parameters to bring out the 'details'. I.e., Neutron sounds 'better' because they have good crossfeed tuners over there. This tuning actually colours the sound and makes it less accurate.

Once Max pushes through with the v3 audio engine release, there should not be any more differences AT ALL if both players claim to be perfectly neutral.

On my default GS2 ROM, I turned on DVC. On Carbon ROM with Dorimanx, I prefer the sound without DVC. Yet, it's the very same Poweramp.

He is telling the truth. neutron has the way much better sound quality compared to Poweramp or even original android music player. But the critical defect is that power drain and ugly interface(who made thatヽ(`Д´)ノ)

So plz maxmp change the audio engine. your sound quuality even worse than Chinese android player like 天天動聽 now

Archived