Is there a limit on number of songs?

I have been running OK until I added a few hundred tracks the other day. Now I am up to 4384 tracks and the whole app has crashed repeatedly. To wit, I open the app, select All Songs. One time it says zero, the next time it says 380, for example. Then via Menu I select Rescan. While the dial is spinning it reads 1000 songs, then 2000 songs, then 3000 songs, then 4000 songs, then 0 songs! Sometimes it will read 4384 songs, then change to 0 songs. The other main menu selections read a few low number of tracks. If I select Rock, it may say something like 135 songs. Well, I have probably 1800-2000 tracks of that genre! If I select Artists, it may say 0 artists, so I ask for a Rescan and it will create a list of artists with intiial letters from A to G, then skip to T through Z.

My phone is an Samsung Droid Charge SCH-I510 running an Android version in the 2's, probably Froyo or Gingerbread. My SD card has about 20GB of music files & folders on it. My carrier is Vertizon. My Poweramp is "2.0.9-build-534 Full Version."

The App has now become absolutely unusable. I am upgrading to a brand new Galaxy Note 3 tomorrow. I probably will not continue with PA. I do like the sound quality, but I have had nothing but problems with it, especially the management of playlists.

I encountered some problems on my older tablet with Android 2.2, which has really bad scanning habits and doesn't do it very reliable.

On my new Galaxy s4 mini none of these things occur. The scanning is fast and hardly perceivable. Poweramps own scan process is also very fast. There are about 9000 songs on my sdcard and no problems at all.

There is no limit for the songs. We test it up to 20k songs (we test mostly scanning performance, not number of songs, as we don't have any internal limitation). Still, the song database grows with the number of songs, and if you don't have free internal memory, it can limit size of database.

In your case it looks like you either have some corrupted file/sd card area (in case of corrupted FS on the sd card, app can be killed by Android and there is no any way to mitigate it - sd card should be checked for errors/formatted/replaced).

PS Unfortunately, your log hasn't captured the moment Poweramp scans/dies. You may want to re-capture log after such Poweramp scan.

Thanks!

Archived