Missing album and artist tags in all songs?

So I removed all my music and re-transfered it all back again and while it was scanning fine before now not one of the nearly 13,000 songs

have artist or album information even though they do with other music apps. None of the songs can be accesed through the folders category

either and instead each folder is shown as empty. What's weird is that when a song is playing it displays the artist and album titles at the bottom

as if it was operating  normally.

I've tried a full rescan, uninstalling and reinstalling Poweramp, deleting the data and cache yet nothing has helped Any help would be

really appreciated, it's especially annoying since this is the only app I've paid for as I thought it was worth it and now it's unusable.

Not sure it's a help but I did exactly that, had to download my songs from my PC again because of a corrupted SD Card, but everything did work fine. Though I had to ensure the settings pointed to the right folder for my music.

How did you remove/reinstall your music? If you check a song on the PC do all the mp3 tags show up?

• 2 weeks later...

The app is not dependent on ID tags, and it can happily play audio files without any tags at all, just by telling it the folders where the audio files are stored.

However for Library and content-display functions (rather than just simple folder/file navigation) then tags are highly recommended for any music player. All modern audio formats can store an enormous amount of extra metadata in addition to the pure audio content.

Andre

Archived