Library access from lock screen (for in car use)?

dean_brfc

I'm trying to figure out how to make my phone user friendly in the car (i.e not dangerous) whilst also having a lock screen pattern in Android.

My initial idea was that there must be a widget that can disable lockscreen, so that I can just tap this when going in/out of my car and have easy access to PA that way. Seems this doesn't exist anywhere.

So now I'm looking at the PA lock screen itself. However, it seems I can't get access to the library from that screen? I can do everything else, but I can't seem to get to the library, so I have to go through my JB lock screen pattern as per usual.

Does this functionality exist? If not, anyone got any ideas to my solve my dilema? I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses PA to play music in their car and wants lock screen security enabled!

I have a 'Car' profile set up in NFC Task Launcher, which includes turning the lockscreen off, turning GPS and Bluetooth on, setting the media volume, and launching Poweramp. I have an NFC tag stuck on the phone-holder in the car so it launches the profile/task whenever I put the phone in the car, but you can launch tasks manully too. I'm sure Tasker and others must offer the same sort of choices though.

Andre

Thanks Andre, that's by far the best answer I've found all day (took my issue to XDA first).

I'll have a look at NFC as what you listed sounds exactly like what I want. I do find it strange that it requires a relatively complex procedure to achieve it though, seems like such a common use for a smartphone and a relatively easy thing for either Poweramp or Android to implement.

Yes, I miss the old 'dumb-phone' days when you created User Profiles for various settings (ringtones, volume, etc) which could be quickly enabled for Silent, Meeting, Outdoor, etc.

Android doesn't seem to have a direct equivalent built-in, but there are lots of way to mimic it via apps. If your phone has an NFC reader like my Galaxy S3 does, the NFC Task Launcher app is a really elegant way to automate this.

Andre

Archived