Downloading Music files frim my computer = 2 times each file!!

derwhite

Just downloaded Poweramp Unlocker on my N7. When I transfer all my music files from my Wintel

computer, Poweramp creates two idential folders, each holding all the music files I transferred. If I click on "Library" and then "All Songs", I have each music file I downloaded shown TWICE - Two Times!

If I delete one of the folders (and all the music files in it), NOTHING in the other undeleted identical folder will play. What am I doing wrong?  Really don't need each music file to be listed twice, one after another, in my "All Songs" folder.

CW

Andrewilley, Thank you for the response. First, I'm a raw nubie....so many tech terms fly right over my head. I have a Nexus 7 tablet with JellyBean 4.2.2 (not sure what ROM means). Recently the music player that came with the Nexus 7 was changed, much to my distress! It sucks big time. So I downloaded Poweramp from Google Play, after reading some good reviews. When I opened the new Poweramp app, I found in the "Library" section "All Songs" multiple listings of the same song. In "Folders" I found TWO idential folders, each containing the same list of songs. So I deleted everything and started over, downloading my 700+ songs from my Wintel computer to the Nexus 7. Same thing happened, two of everything. Not sure what I did wrong, or even how to begin to fix this. Everything plays fine, it's just that I have two of everything, and I suspect that takes twice the memory space. Any specific directions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

CW

Sorry, I think what I said was possibly right but a bit too complex...

Within Poweramp, select "Menu" then "Settings" then "Folders and Library" and finally "Music Folders". That will show you a list of all the folders which Poweramp is allowed to scan to find music.

I think you may find the list of folders may be duplicated, under general headings with "emulated" or "legacy" in the folder names. If so, you'll find more than one copy of your 'Music' folder (or wherever you store your MP3 files) is ticked. Simply untick the extra folder, so Poweramp is only being asked to look in a single version of the folder.

Then, still in the "Folders and Library" menu, select "Full Rescan" which should hopefully solve your problem.

Andre

Andre,

SPOT ON............Exactly correct! You hit the nail on the head. What else can I say........your directions solved the problem.

I would never, NEVER, have figured this out! THANK YOU!!!

Now that I've gotten this far, where on line, or in the app can I find directions on how to do things. Most of what I see in the

menus I have no clue what they mean?

Again, Thanks,

CW

Glad I could help. Yes, Poweramp is a pretty full-featured app and I suspect a lot of first-time users could really do with a manual to make the most of it. I think the dev is too busy actually writing the software to also document it beyond what is already in the in-app help though.

Andre

Archived