In Built Lyrics Display

Hi Max,

First off, I am in love with your amazing player. There is no doubt, its the best out there in the market. I recently came across another music player TUNEWIKI. The lyrics come up in a separate pane in sync as a karaoke stream. I found this feature really good. Hopefully  Poweramp can implement this feature in future release.

T

• 1 month later...

I also would like the lyrics to show up on top of the album art (alpha blended). So maybe this option in Settings:

-Alway shows lyrics on top of album art (if available in tag) : y/n

This way when the lyrics are available they are displayed automatically if setting = yes

If setting=no, then 2 menu options - Show lyrics : On top of album art (same as above) / New window pane (full screen)

Then if not available, ask to download...  

• 4 weeks later...

I also would like the lyrics to show up on top of the album art (alpha blended). So maybe this option in Settings:

-Alway shows lyrics on top of album art (if available in tag) : y/n

This way when the lyrics are available they are displayed automatically if setting = yes

If setting=no, then 2 menu options - Show lyrics : On top of album art (same as above) / New window pane (full screen)

Then if not available, ask to download...  

Yes, these options would offer a huge advancement with the lyrics feature of Poweramp.  I would like to use this app for backing tracks in a live music performance setting and the above options would be very valuable. 

mt

This is indeed the most important missing feature from Poweramp. And the way Ttpod works would be a good example to follow.

It is annoying to have to install and use another application to see the lyrics. And worse of all, these are "static", not synchronised to the music as it is done in Ttpod or even MusiXmatch itself.

This is not what it is expected of Poweramp as the best player. It should have all the best possible features and this is an important one.

I just bought the app a few days ago and I am very happy with it, but really looking forward to the inclusion of this feature to unstall Ttpod and MusiXmatch from my phone.

Keep it up with your great work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Max..

Thanks for an Amazing Music Player. Poweramp will add to its greatness with inbuilt lyrics. Maybe you can fetch the lyrics from internet and display them over the album art or if the lyrics are embeded then use those lyrics as well.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Archived