Poweramp literally destroys my earphones

Hi!

I had a Sennheiser earphones (mx170) which always worked perfectly. When I bought Poweramp and began listening music only with the app, my earphones started to become noisy in their bass. Well, I never thought that the problem was in the player so I went to the shop where I bought the earphones and they gave me a new ones. After some time the same problem appeared and I started suspecting the Poweramp.

One friend of mine lent me his earphones (they are equal to mine) and I tested only listening to music with the Google stock player. 2 weeks passed and no problem at all. I forgot to mention but I also have the stock earphones by Samsung (I don't like them because they are vacuum earphones) and they never had problems with Poweramp.

Now that I know the problem is in the player, I also want to be informed about which earphones should I buy (not too expensive please). Preferentially ones that you testes or owned or still own and have good bass for rock music and the most important thing, are perfectly compatible with Poweramp. Srlsy I can't listen to music from other players anymore.

Thanks in advance

Well me personally I'm rocking a galaxy s2 rooted with viper4android mod xhifi and fx versions and a set of skull candy heavy medals and a set of Bose in earphones and loving them both my skullcandy hit harder with bass though lol

Hi!

I had a Sennheiser earphones (mx170) which always worked perfectly. When I bought Poweramp and began listening music only with the app, my earphones started to become noisy in their bass.

You may use any headphones with Poweramp, everything depends on your preferences, just adjust EQ settings the way you like it .

I am not the software developer  but by chance are you using the Equalizer?  If yes, Chances are that if you are you are introducing clipping in the audio.  If you don't know what clipping is, it is were the audio goes past it's peak threshold and the sound wave flattens out.

clipping.gif

This can cause stress to the speakers effectively burning them out over time.  Usually clipping is detectable because it introduces distortion to the sound.  However, subtle clipping can be transparent and difficult to hear but still cause harm to your speakers.

Now this brings to you the question of, are you using the Equalizer?   If you are, this is most likely cause of your headphone problems.  Anytime you push a single band up into the positives you are clipping the sound.  To avoid this issue, you need to use the Pre-amp volume control.  If you turn a frequency band up +10, you need to turn the Pre-amp volume down -10 to compensate.  "But that will just turn down the volume my music and can't enjoy the music at my desired loudness!"  Sorry to disappoint you there, but there is no other way around this if you want to use the EQ and not destroy you headphone speakers.  An alternative to this problem is to use an external headphone amplifier, like a FiiO E6 or E7, to drive you headphones.  This way you can enjoy the benefits of the Equalizer and still be able to play to volume as loud, or even beyond what you android devises built in amp is capable of.

Archived