Playlists, External SD's and Flashing ROMs that "change" the External SD location

I'm curious if there is a way around this. I tend to Flash ROMS fairly regularly and notice that some ROMs change the name/location of where the external SD card is located (that's why all my music is).

When this happens the playlists appear blank in Poweramp (although the names are still there) and I'm assuming its because the playlist are using some type of exact file location when I add music to the playlist.

Is there any way to change that? The Music folder still exists, its subfolders still exists its just the parent folders name/location has changed...

Yes, some ROM updates can change the storage location path. The best way to mitigate it is to export Poweramp playlists (Settings=>Folders and Library=>Playlists Import/Export). 

We will improve this exporting function so it will be easier to use from Poweramp UI (this just requires our new side menu as currently Poweramp menus are already "too much").

Also, we have plans to make all playlists to behave like file based playlists, meaning, they will always survive storage path manipulation or/and even folder renames/moving.

Thanks!

I'm assuming I can export the playlists, edit them with a file editor on my PC to do a search/replace on the path of each song from old path to new, then reimport the playlists and i'm all set?

As kinda an add on question album art selected by Poweramp is lost during these rom update/changes as well. Is there no way to save the setting of when you've had Poweramp choose your custom art for songs?

Archived