Starting a m3u playlist?

woric

Is it possible to start playing an m3u playlist using the API?

I have tried using the example code and it skips to the next track in the current playlist,

woric

PS: Opening an m3u file from any other external application (which Poweramp claims to handle) also does the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, provided that Poweramp have scanned directory with such playlists (happens on startup, but if user deactivated the scanning option, it won't happen automatically). Such playlists have the appropriate playlist id and are in the same /playlists table as other playlists (Poweramp fills the database table with file based playlist entries on first playlist "open" action, either for playlist song list or for playing).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, but unfortunately they both did not help because my question wad not clear enough.

I have written a small application that generates valid M3U files and I currently use Poweramp to listen to the playlists by going to the list of "file based playlists" in Poweramp and selecting a playlist.

However, I would prefer to select the playlist by either a) using an intent to launch the M3U playlist by opening a file or creating a shortcut, or B) adding a button to my application to have Poweramp play the playlist.

Poweramp indicates that it accepts intents for M3U files, but fails when passed the intent.

My question is... can anyone point me in the right direction on how to launch a file based playlist using the external API? I am happy to write the code from first principles, but the code in the example application does not work with file based playlists.

Thanks in advance.

Woric

• 5 months later...

Woric,

I have the same interest and am looking for this functionality too. So far I understand that you declare the provider type in the manifest.xml file. I have previoulsy managed to launch the stock android player presenting the playlists but have not managed to make it start playing a playlist.

If and when I manage to do this, I will share on the forum.

:D

• 8 months later...

Archived