Hi,

Does Poweramp feature an A-B repeat function?

Support for A-B repeat in Poweramp would be awesome. The ability to mark a start and end point within the single song/audio file that is played for just that marked-in segment to play recursively would be great to use especially for playback of audio recordings but also for music

Additionally an ability to export/save the particular bookmark file (text )of the A-B repeat that is selected for.

Many of you might have used the feature on such players such as VLC

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php ... 2&start=20

(It's in VLC 1.0+)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Would be awesome if this could somehow be 'squeezed' right into the last thing todo for 2.0 release.

You see the A-B feature usually requires "a" and "b" buttons to mark in and mark out (look at VLC media player) - so what I suggest when preparing to implement this feature is to make another separate screen for it. Just like how EQ+Volume dials have their own screen, the A-B should have it's own screen too which would feature the basic playbar of the currently playing track, no album art, but large buttons for "A", "B" and "X" buttons (X for cancel).

Also the ability to export as many custom A-B repeats to a text file for later again uses (a button with a floppy disk logo). Export A-B's individually by track and by album.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Why is this such an important feature to people? I've never used it on any CD players that had it!

Nor me, I've actually often wondered what it could be useful for. It's got to be a trivial bit of code, but I can't for the life of me think why I'd want to repeat some random bit of one song which could only be relatively coarsely selected anyway.

Andre

Nor me, I've actually often wondered what it could be useful for. It's got to be a trivial bit of code, but I can't for the life of me think why I'd want to repeat some random bit of one song which could only be relatively coarsely selected anyway.

Andre

It's useful for "1" track digital albums (where the album is one big file without chapters/bookmarks), Podcasts (especially in the .mp3 format), and singular songs (there are parts of a song that you just want to hear without having to manually rewind or fast forward to get to that part(s)).

It would be great if not only A-B repeat could be built-in - BUT ALSO the ability to bookmark the selection and store them (there's already an app that does this - BUT THAT APP is no where near the capability & functionality of Poweramp (though I don't think it's intended to be anyway).

Thanks for the details, haddy, it will be useful.

You can also take a look at an android application called (ironically) A-B Audio Repeat. It would help provide an idea of how this function is being used (but I'm sure that Poweramp would do a much better job with it as Poweramp is a MUCH BETTER app than that app.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...