Option: Pressing Back button to return to Player from any Libarary/Playlist to r

haddy

• 2 months later...

Poweramp is virtually perfect apart from this problem with the back button. Please make it an option in settings menu to enable the back button to go back from the player screen to the previous screen as opposed to exiting Poweramp. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for this... Well the opposite of the OP and exactly what astro said... Been using power amp for about a year now. F-n love it. The back button is THE only annoying thing about it. And it is just out of habit... When on the now playing screen and I want to go BACK to the list to pick a new song the obvious and first instinct you have is to press the BACK button. Nope... it just exits the whole app lol. Seems like something very basic and fundamental. "Back to go back" not "back to close". Idk... Just Please add this... It's very annoying in the car while driving to have to navigate backwards using on screen buttons and accidentally closing the entire app from hitting the back button out of instinct and navigating through the app all over again , when I could just hit the physical back button without even taking my eyes off the road. See now it's a safety issue, Poweramp devs. I don't want my blood on your hands lol. No seriously. The back button should have the same function as any other app or the systemui: back button takes you backwards to the previous screen... So if I navigate from library>artists>artist>album>song(now playing) and I hit back 4 times, I should be back at the library screen. Just seems like common sense... I don't mean that in an offensive way at all. Your app is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

+1! This is the only thing that I don't like about Poweramp. Everything else is 5 stars. There has been a lot of discussion about this issue. While I understand that it's normal in android for the back button to (sometimes) take you out of an app and to the home screen, given that it has a different function in Poweramp in everything but the Player, you just get used to it and expect it to do the same thing. I still can't get used to this after almost 6 months. Please make it an option!

Settings > look and feel > startup screen > change this to last played list

I think this will give you the functionality you are looking for. 

It's got nothing to do with the last played list on Startup

• 2 months later...

Yes! This is the only annoyance in this app. The back button should trace you back through the lists you've clicked on. For example (Albums) -> (name of album) -> (song) -> (now playing), if I press the back button I want to go backwards through these lists not exit the app. Please at least give an option to choose what the back button does.

I think that most of you are misunderstanding the way the navigation works in Android. If you imagine a deck of cards, the "now playing" screen is the top card. When you drill down to the (Artist) -> (Album) -> (Song), you're pulling cards off of the deck and stacking them to the side. When you start playing a song, the deck resets. There is nowhere to go back to, because you're already back on the top of the deck. In Android, when you're on top of the deck, and you hit the back button, it closes the app.

When you change the Startup Screen to "Last Played List," as mentioned above, the "now playing" acreen is no longer the top card on the deck; it's the card that you drill down to, so pressing the back button takes you to the list that you were looking at before you told that song to start playing, exactly like you guys want it to.

I haven't always like the way the Android back button works (sometimes it switches apps, sometimes it "rewinds" in the app that you're already in, sometimes it closes apps entirely), but the way it works within Poweramp makes sense, if you think of it like a deck of cards. You can move forward and back through the deck, and you can jump to the first card. An Android app cannot infinitely remember every card you saw and the order that you saw them in, because that would constitute a memory leak.

Archived