gapless aac

snydleydd

Downloaded Poweramp for the Nexus 4. Sounds fantastic--best of the ones I've tried. But unfortunately the lack of gapless aac is a deal-breaker for me. When you have a mix CD that blends the music track-to-track, it's amazing how disruptive that few millisecond pause is.

Neutron supports gapless aac perfectly, and for me the non-disruption of gapless wins over the better sound from your app. I hope you can add this feature sometime soon, so I can use Poweramp for all my music.

(BTW, thanks for adding RealplayGain.)

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna bring this back up to also ask for this feature. 

I don't play mp3 on power amp, so I don't know about it, but aac is very much not gapless. (cut silence doesn't do the job, nor does anything else) 

Is the any chance to have this implemented? Is literally the only thing I'm missing from the app right now (otherwise,  congratulations on the many improvements since I bought it a couple of years ago. Definitely a good buy) 

If you mean id3v2 based gapless information for raw aac streams, this is not supported at this moment. Mostly because there are no such tracks in the "wild" found by us - and we don't add any support that we can't test on "wild" data/tracks. If you have couple of such tracks, we can add support for them - please send them to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com for tests.

Thanks!

The conditions are exactly the same as the ones in this post. But I was just surprised when I encoded a couple of files for the test and found out that winamp also can't manage the gapless (surprised because, as the original poster of the thread, I tested with neutron and did have gapless. I didn't notice before because I use flac on the pc).

So let me turn it around. Do you recomend a particular aac encoder to avoid problems?

Archived