How should I organize my music?

g725s

How should I organize my music using Poweramp for Android?

I have a music collection in FLAC that I'd like to put on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3). I would like convert the format to either .wma or .mp3.

But how should I organize the folders and files? And should I include a CUE or m3u files?

I tried putting the flac to my external SD card. And I have the music organized in folders like this...

The Beatles / The Beatles - Rubber Soul - (1965) / 01 - Song Name.mp3(or .flac)

Inside the "The Beatles - Rubber Soul - (1965)" folder (which contains the songs) what tags need to be in there?

Currently everything is showing up as Unknown Artist.

Also if I'm going to convert my FLAC's to mp3 and go through all this I'd want to have this organization and tagging work in any mp3 player.

Anybody from Poweramp monitor this forum?

If anyone can help me...my main question is what make the album show up under "Artist"? I've got a ton of "Unknown artist" albums, about 98% of all the albums that I've put on my card. I'm not sure what made the three albums that show up in "Artist" to do that.

Anyone?

You could use folder views instead to navigate you Artists/Albums.

As @shbumc said, use foobar to add tags to .FLACs. You don't need to convert them to mp3s after (defeats the purpose). It adds info to the .FLAC similar to what ID3 tags to to mp3s.

Archived