mtncmpr

Hello everyone. New fella here. I just got Poweramp (trial and unlocker) and am looking forward to learning/using Poweramp.

I’m fairly new to the “smartphone” and therefore I don’t have any experience with any music players other than the stock player on my 1st and only smartphone. It is a Motorola Bionic, with ICS. I have no music on my phone other than music I have purchased from Google Play (16 albums) and it is all downloaded onto my sd card (made available for offline). I understand by looking through the forum here that PA doesn’t recognize GP streaming music and like others, I look forward to when it will.

When using PA and going into the PA file(?) system, I see that all the songs are listed but not by the “regular” song titles. They are all listed by (file?) names such as “140.mp3”. Also, I see there is only 1 “Album” listed and it has all the songs from the actual 16 albums listed under that one album and in no particular order.

All that said, I have a few questions I’m hoping someone may be able to help me with (thanks in advance if so). I have searched through a number of existing posts here (and hope I have not overlooked answers to my questions) and have not seen my questions addressed already. Should they be, please direct me to posts if you will.

1- Is there a way to go back and have the “regular” titles listed, or do I need to go in and edit each song with a new title?

2- Can I somehow list the original album name and re-group the songs into the original album, winding up with my original 16 albums?

3- Can the songs be placed in order as on the original album?

Thank you for any advice.

In each of the track list views you can click the phone/os menu button and choose "List Options" and try the various options there. Your going to be limited if the tags arent correctly written and numbered and/or the filenames are incorrect.

Hi guys, I just got PA installed 2 days ago, and after playing around a few hours I decided to install the paid version. I use Galaxy Note 10.1 and got a PA full version 2.07 built 5.15. Before install PA, I have a generic Samsung player which is really sucks and winamp free version. What I really amazed with PA is the feature to find missing album art. Winamp also cool, but they can't beat PA for this ability. They have albumwasher app. to correct metadata and get album art, and it is not a free app. But again, it is far beyond the AP in simplicity and the speed to attach album art in to the music. I synchronize my playlist from my laptop through windows media player. There are 112 playlist and approx. 2100 tracks. With PA I used to put album art on the track by adding manually one by one during the track playing. I'm not a geek in computer and just a common user, so please apologies for my dumb question:

1)I found this album art is not appear when I played it on winamp and samsung music player. So, is the album art only support for PA? I didn't check it with WMP yet.

2)Any other way to make album art appear on other players?

3)If so, how to synchronize my new music file (with new album art) back to my library in windows media player? Is it synchronize mean the new tracks will simply be added in the library instead of replace the old file. (I keep the playlist and everything same, except the new album arts)

Thanks in advance for helping me this. Sorry if they are too basic questions.

The album art that PowerAmp downloads is stored locally for PowerAmp only, it is not (as yet) inserted into the actual music file's ID3 tag.

You could use an external MP3 tag editor to add images directly to the MP3 files (Amazon is a great souce for cover art ;) ) or you could put album art JPEGs into the actual folders for each album (which PA, and maybe other apps, will then read).

Andre

• 1 month later...

I would add to Andre's advice on album art that Wikipedia is becoming a phenomenal source for album art. If the album is relatively popular, just enter the album name in Wikipedia search bar and 95% of the time you'll get the art right in front of you.

Archived