Headset control problem

aeryen

I know this is not issues with Poweramp but more with Android system and HTC, but anyway:

1. I'm currently using desire HD, and htc has this double click the headset button to make last phone call,

this make Poweramp's double/triple press function unusable, and I'm assuming this is why "long press"

option is there, however I still find double/triple click more natural and with long press It seems I can't

get "prev track"? So the question is: apart from flash some other ROM (stock or cyanogenmod etc.), is there

any other way(root system and edit some file?) to disable HTC's double press- last call function?

2. for none stock headsets with three buttons on it, they are mostly designed with apple's product, and

doesn't seems to work with any media player on android. Is it possible to get apple's original headset for example

to work with android device? from what I've learn so far, those headset seems have a completely different circuit

board embedded inside hence android can't even capture those signal? (at least I haven't seen anything in the logcat...)

Am I right?

I am using iBeats by Dre on a Droid 2, all I can do is skip to next track on any of the headset buttons. This is not a Poweramp problem, but is there a work around for us droid users to gain control of our media players without using the stock headsets? The mic doesn't even respond when I get a phone call. Droid does...not like stuff made for Apple products.

• 2 weeks later...

won't help because I don't know why, but for me it works :

I've got a senheiser MM 50 originally designed for iPhone. It has one button, and it works perfectly well with my HTC desire. I can double/triple click, and it does go forward or backward. I love this, this is one of the reason I bought Poweramp (among many other reasons).

Mic works perfectly well in the 'phone mode'

I don't have the 'redial' issue you mention but sorry can't say why it works...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem after flashing a HD ROM on my Desire. Everything was fine with a "classic non HD"-ROM" before.

single click - opens Voice Dial

double/tripple click - redial last number

This seems to be a new feature in the HD-ROMs, question is: where can I disable it?

TIA

OK, got a solution - download Headset Button Control from the marketplace. That alters the default operation of double or triple presses on the centre headset button my HTC Desire-Z (and I assume other phones). It actually makes double work as track-advance and triple as track-back - but that's not a problem as long as the phone doesn't try to re-dial!

[Edit]

By the way, any news on when headset button support for fast-forward and rewind (by longpress on the headset FWD or BACK buttons, just like the main screen interface) will be added to PowerAMP? I see it's still on the to-do list, but showing as "done" in a previous version except for headset buttons, so I hope it doesn't get missed as I'm eagerly awaiting it! Thanks.

Andre

This is because like 75% of headset bt devices doesn't support long presses, as well, number of phone models doesn't support long presses for wired headset as well. This is why this feature (which won't work for most users) is in low priority, but I still have this in plans.

Thanks!

This is because like 75% of headset bt devices don't support long presses, as well, number of phone models doesn't support long presses for wired headset as well. This is why this feature (which won't work for most users) is in low priority, but I still have this in plans.

Thanks!

Oh, that's a shame, long-press for fast-forward worked fine on my HTC Desire-Z using the standard music player and the supplied wired headset, so I assumed it was a standard feature. Could it be an option then, for those of us for whom it will work, as I really do miss that simple little feature of the stock HTC system...

Andre

Archived