£££ Spent On Large Media Library For Poweramp Brick Wall Every Time!

mbc0

Hi,

I have spent way too much money trying to take my media library around with me (approx 160GB) specifically! for Poweramp as I spend often weeks away from home with work, here is a list of what I have done so far & I really think that what I am trying to do is impossible unless I have either missed something out or am not clever enough!

I am going to buy a Nexus 7 32GB 3G soon & thought I would be able to stream my music using google music but realise that there is a 20,000 limit to this and also Poweramp cannot stream from there anyway! So I thought I would plug in a Mini 128GB USB Combined with the on-board 32GB only to realize I wouldn't be able to charge the device at the same time!

1, Bought an Archos 80 250GB as I thought this would be the answer to all my problems but it is only compatible with Gonemad Music Player or the standard Archos player which is completely featureless and boring. Unfortunately the Archos continuously skips & stutters when using Poweramp

2, Bought a 256GB SSD Samsung 7mm drive for the Archos, although quite an improvement on the skipping it is still very much there....

3, Bought a GoFlex Wireless drive but didn't realize I could not have 3G & Wireless on at the same time so lose internet connection, so another brick wall!

Thought about a Bluetooth Hard Drive but they don't seem to exist lol....

So if anyone can offer any thoughts I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks for reading....

3, Bought a GoFlex Wireless drive but didn't realize I could not have 3G & Wireless on at the same time so lose internet connection, so another brick wall!

I don't know about your specific requirements or if this helps, but you certainly can have wi-fi and 3G operating at the same time. For example, you can share your 3G internet connection via wi-fi (creating a mobile hotspot) and I often connect to my phone via wi-fi (using Samba from my main PC) while the 3G connection is still running.

Andre

Hi,

What device was that on? I even found some apps that TRIED to enable both 3G & Wifi at the same time but they didn't work :-( I last tried on my HTC Desire HD, Then HTC OneX, but now have a Samsung Galaxy S3 so will try that later :-)

Archived