Poweramp Crowdin Translation Project

Magadaner

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindi is my work, I am Hindustani.

Working for good cause arise questions in mind.

I don't know AbhiAvi but may be in our office.

Bravo! Congratulations. Five hundred licenses for another app that has nothing to do with Poweramp go to you for that statement!

andrei1015, why are you joking on work.

If you can't help, please respect the work of other person.

Good and responsible persons on The Earth are less, maximum are like joking or insulting other's work as think you are doing to me.

So please be respectful.

I want to help Poweramp with my translation work, that does not meant that I need to know everybody.

Dear Poweramp Team,

I have started Hindi Language Translation with is 35% now, I will try to complete it soon as possible with 100% Honesty and Care.

I have one request to you team, can you give me 2 Pro Licenses for my work.

Can I hope a happy answer from you.

Best Regards

Ashish

You're asking free stuff in return for helping an open crowdsourced translation project where anyone can submit their translations?..

What if you do get a free licence and then anyone else can simply just create an account and get a licence for free by clicking a few buttons and typing a few words?..

That's like asking for compensation for voluntarily editing an article on Wikipedia.

No offense but I think your best bet would be to actually contact the developer through email or a private message instead of more or less begging on a forum thread.

No offense but I think your best bet would be to actually contact the developer through email or a private message instead of more or less begging on a forum thread.

Noooo, please don't suggest that. He's done it. A lot..

I still think he should address the Internet Police. Or Internet Spider-Man. Or maybe the Internet Batman, the night himself!

PS: https://crowdin.com/project/titanium-backup/discussions/2443

EDIT: Okay, I think he deserves a bit more information. Or at least how I see things.

Crowdin is, as Timmy Fox said, a "crowdsourced translation project". This means anyone can help translate. I am from Romania. Let's say I open an app's settings and see that Romanian is not included as a language. I look it up on the internet and see it has a crowdin page and start translating. Now, if an app doesn't have a language on crowdin or that particular language is incomplete it means it's not targeted towards that region, or the region is doing fine using the default language. Why? Because amongst the people no one considered it to be mandatory to have that language. 

Going back to the crowdsourced mumbo jumbo. Anyone means anyone. Anyone means if it's important someone will do it for free while you ask for something that really is not included in the whole picture. This goes for Poweramp, MXPlayer and even Titanium Backup.

Dear andrei1015,

I think anderi1015, you, always joke you are never serious towards work done by any person.

If you can't guide or help just shut up.

I want to help Poweramp with my Hindi language translation for its betterment. If my help is making a joke in your mind, than I will not help.

You are indirectly insulting to my help.

Please andrei1015, please be a sincere and responsible person.

I am not getting why Hindi Language make you to make a joke.

I think what andrei1015 is pointing out is that you and your possible local colleague AbhiAvi have (repeatedly) misunderstood crowd-sourced translation. People do it because they like the product and would like to see it displayed in their own language. They do not do it for monetary or other in-kind gain, unless employed by the developer in advance. The fact that you keep asking the same question anyway appears to be what he is being a little jokey about.

Andre

Dear andrei1015,

I think anderi1015, you, always joke you are never serious towards work done by any person.

If you can't guide or help just shut up.

I want to help Poweramp with my Hindi language translation for its betterment. If my help is making a joke in your mind, than I will not help.

You are indirectly insulting to my help.

Please andrei1015, please be a sincere and responsible person.

I am not getting why Hindi Language make you to make a joke.

It's not Hindi making me laugh and make fun of, it's you. And I was sincere as you asked me. As was my previous post. And why am I laughing and making fun? Because you are asking for licenses. It's that simple.

Dear andrei1015, stop joking. Be Serious towards work.

Respect the every work.

Stop begging for licences. Nobody needs your work. If you want to help then go and translate. If you want licence then simply buy it. It ain't millions just a few bucks. Stop shaming your fellow countrymen.

Dear Gulshan,

You had mentioned unthinkable line- Stop shaming your fellow countrymen.

I want to work, for my work i request single license only, i am not asking for a free license or begging for free license.

I am giving time to Poweramp development because i like MAXAMP development work.

If you all think that my work for Poweramp is worthless, i can't say anything more. BYE Poweramp TEAM.

HAVE A HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL MY FRIENDS AT Poweramp.

for my work i request single license only, i am not asking for a free license or begging for free license.

Then you're better off asking Max for employment. I did the entire Swedish translation and never got, not asked, for anything in return. I paid for my license and so did all of my friends who uses Poweramp.

You can't expect to be paid for voluntary work without an agreement. That's like walking into a random store, fixing an incorrect sign or something and then expecting salary.

It doesn't work that way.

If you want to be paid for your work, then ask someone who's actually authorized to do so (Max). No one here even has licenses to give you, so even if we wanted to give you a license, WE DON'T HAVE ANY.

So now, again, ASK THE DEVELOPER, MAX, AND NOT US.

If you need help with that, the contact email is Poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com.

Then you're better off asking Max for employment. I did the entire Swedish translation and never got, not asked, for anything in return. I paid for my license and so did all of my friends who uses Poweramp.

You can't expect to be paid for voluntary work without an agreement. That's like walking into a random store, fixing an incorrect sign or something and then expecting salary.

It doesn't work that way.

If you want to be paid for your work, then ask someone who's actually authorized to do so (Max). No one here even has licenses to give you, so even if we wanted to give you a license, WE DON'T HAVE ANY.

So now, again, ASK THE DEVELOPER, MAX, AND NOT US.

Nooo please don't tell him where to start his spam again please. I was hoping he'd shut it because the past two weeks he's been silent. Isn't it funny enough how he went from 5 to only one? 

• 4 weeks later...