Poweramp setting as default Player

jojo34

hi there, i am wondering if it is possible to find a way to set the Poweram app as a default player on android devices mainly,

cause if i stream audiofiles from example a pc shared folder then i can click on it and dont get an option to choose the Poweramp app (

even if i choose all applications in wont come up

any solutions would be great )

lg jojo

oh thx for that quick reply)

fist my respect to such a great player! i love it !

but what does it mean, were are these settings cant find anything

and another solution wouls be for me to chose the network folder directly out of Poweramp but dont see that it is possible to reach network ?

lg jojo

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to use Poweramp as music player in the list of audio players in 3rd party applications (like Endomondo).

I know that there are other 3rd party applications that can use it. Since I have installed MortPlayer for my audio books it is listed in Endomondo (or other apps like runtastic).

Poweramp is a great program and I bought the Pro version so I think it should have this option. In an other thread I read about permissions, but this feature should not need a lot of permissions.

I would be very great-full, you can implement this feature. ;)

• 1 month later...

I would love to have this ability too. I am using SportsTracker (By STL) and when I click the button to launch the music player it gives me option to choose from the installed players, but Poweramp is not there :( (Google Music, default Music player, and other 3rd party players are visible there..)

• 2 weeks later...

Poweramp, being a 3rd party app cannot be default media player. For certain files, you can set it as default, but only if presented with that option by the Android settings.

Is see that other 3rd party apps can change the "intent" just forcing an intent request (prompt user to ask what should be the default app for the Intent).... couldn't Poweramp do the same?

• 1 month later...

Archived