Gapless playback

_alol_

Hi.

I assume you receive a lot of requests with this, but I think gapless music playback is ESSENTIAL for a music player nowadays. No Android player does that properly so far, so supporting this will give you a BIG competitive advantage.

I´ve read that it was supported a few builds back, and since it´s not present I guess some errors were found.

Please, would you consider it?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

thanks for the request.

Gapless or/and crossfade is planned for v2.0

At this moment, PowerAMP just have minimal pause time between tracks, because the way it handles new tracks is heavily optimized to reduce the lag. It mostly depends on sd card/cpu speed.

I would also like to request these features - that is I would like gapless playback AND crossfade, not just one of them!

It's also worth noting that I am referring to MP3 files - as I understand it FLAC and other formats handle this sort of thing differently.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Tons of people I know prefer to stick with iPhone JUST because of this feature... And since the crappy default music player Android has, they are not going for it.

This will be a killer app!!

Any idea on when the V2.0 would be released?

Thanks!

:)

PS: I NEED gapless, but I agree that gapless AND crossfade will be the best choice ;)

v2.0 release date depends on how much new features will be added to it (though, I'm trying to keep the player as simple as possible and not going to make a monster app),

and how well v1.0 will be accepted by android community. I would say I already have planned TODO for a month of work.

Archived