Removing deleted song from folder file list

Keldiklutz

I manage my music files (mostly podcasts) by plugging my phone into my computer, then use Windows Explorer to add or delete MP3 files from my phone's music folder. However, when I delete files and then rescan the music folder (either basic rescan or full rescan), the deleted files still appear in the folder. They cannot play (obviously), but the only way I can get them out of the folder file listing is to rename the music folder (using Explorer), then go into the Select Folders dialog to select the folder with the new name, after which it rescans the new folder.

Is there anyway to get Poweramp to remove deleted files from the folder file list?

(I do not use playlists, since I copy podcasts to the music folder daily, and delete earlier ones daily.)

Jim

I store my files in much the same way as you, but I delete my podcasts from within Poweramp once I've listened to them, and then my syncing software later auto-deletes the copy from my PC too.

However if I do delete a file on the phone via File Explorer, Poweramp seems to notice and remove it from the Folders list on the next auto-scan.

Andre

I store my files in much the same way as you, but I delete my podcasts from within Poweramp once I've listened to them, and then my syncing software later auto-deletes the copy from my PC too.

However if I do delete a file on the phone via File Explorer, Poweramp seems to notice and remove it from the Folders list on the next auto-scan.

Andre

Thanks for the feedback. I tried deleting some files within Poweramp, and, as you say, it does delete the actual files and updates the file list properly. I wonder why deleting it via Explorer works for you but not for me?

Jim

Not every Explorer app sends appropriate message about file deletion. Some are not sending them, thus Poweramp can't always notice the deletion. Also, Poweramp scanning options modify this behavior a lot.

What exactly File Explorer app do you use?

Thanks!

Archived