Embedded Lyrics Display within the Main Music Player?

The only way I can get the player to show lyrics (on my Samsung Galaxy S3) is to choose the "lyrics" menu item off the setting menu while the song is playing, which then displays a pop-up with lyrics but makes the actual player controls and info inaccessible. Is it possible to view the lyrics instead of the cover art (or over a dimmed cover art display like in the Apple iPod player) inside the actual player itself?

Under "features" on the main website, it states the following:

- Poweramp main screen has large album art, which supports gestures on it

- optionally, embed song lyrics can be shown over album art, press album art area to close/reopen it

Does this mean that we supposed to be able to do what I described and if so, how do I do it?

If not, is this something that can be implemented in the future? It's especially annoying that the lyrics don't change when the song changes, such that you have to go out and back into the lyrics to get them to change.

Tony

This would really be cool I've been wanting this for a while... Also the default music player on my phone (Razr), dunno if it's the case for other phones too but it displays the lyrics in real time... That would also be cool but lyrics on/instead of the cover would be great

Yea, at the very least, have the lyrics change in the lyrics overlay screen when the song changes!! Although I'd love a play / pause, skip and song position bar somewhere on the screen where you can also see the lyrics.

I've yet to find an android player that does lyrics like the Music player on the iPhone, which is the ideal, and I've tried about 10 music players!! I'm not sure why every Android developer feels the need to have a seperate screen overlay for lyrics, which is totally NOT condusive to playing while viewing lyrics over multiple songs.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an ETA for a version with better lyric functionality? Preferably working in the way descibed above by Tones2:

...at the very least, have the lyrics change in the lyrics overlay screen when the song changes!!...

It's been over 6 months since maxmp said this feature was being worked on. But at the same time I don't want to seem impatient! You guys are doing a great job.

Is there an ETA for a version with better lyric functionality? Preferably working in the way descibed above by Tones2:

It's been over 6 months since maxmp said this feature was being worked on. But at the same time I don't want to seem impatient! You guys are doing a great job.

The problem that's slowing this down is the legal aspect of it. Other players have been/are doing it illegally (sort of) but we would rather not do things the wrong way... So we have a few steps before we can make a great and easy to use Lyric system possible on Poweramp. So sorry for the wait, we're working had on making this happen thought.

The problem that's slowing this down is the legal aspect of it. Other players have been/are doing it illegally (sort of) but we would rather not do things the wrong way... So we have a few steps before we can make a great and easy to use Lyric system possible on Poweramp. So sorry for the wait, we're working had on making this happen thought.

There is no way that displaying lyrics that ar already embedded in a music file is illegal. It's only going out and searching lyrics that is illegal. In fact, you are displaying embedded lyrics in the current version of the app, so if it was true that it was illegal (which it's not), you would currently be performing an illegal act. In any case, NONE of this has to do with changing the song of already displayed lyrics in yor current app. Or showing them on the main play window instead of a seperate window. That is not any more or less legal than that you are dong right now, so the delay makes little sense.

Nice try though. :)

There is no way that displaying lyrics that ar already embedded in a music file is illegal. It's only going out and searching lyrics that is illegal. In fact, you are displaying embedded lyrics in the current version of the app, so if it was true that it was illegal (which it's not), you would currently be performing an illegal act. In any case, NONE of this has to do with changing the song of already displayed lyrics in yor current app. Or showing them on the main play window instead of a seperate window. That is not any more or less legal than that you are dong right now, so the delay makes little sense.

Nice try though. :)

Poweramp is a commercial product, and so it's better that we make sure we do everything the legal way than not and then have an issue with being sued. Also we don't want to acquire lyrics from a 3rd party website without their consent and legal agreement.

But for lyrics that are already embedded, that's fair game for us, and now we want to embed lyrics into Poweramp in a more user friendly way so we will in one of our upcoming updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived