Bluetooth track info support

Ottoman

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Sony-Ericsson MW600 also shows "unknown" no matter what I choose in settings. It is connected on Sony Xperia T with the official latest 4.1.2 and Poweramp 209-534. But the inbuilt Sony Walkman app shows track info OK. More, if I use Poweramp after walkman the MW600 display still shows the last song played in walkman and it doez not change to "unknown". So I guess Poweramp just does not interact with MW600 display or simply does transmit wrong info. I can't remember for sure but it worked in 4.0.4 with 528.

• 1 month later...

I just got the track info to work with the MW600 by changing the "CyanogenMod Metachanged Intent" under Headset/Bluetooth to "CyanogenMod/Sony #1", even though i'm using Poweramp(2.0.9-build-534 on an LG E610 (Android 4.1.2) that doesn't have CyanogenMod installed. But it shows a warning about slow downs and high battery usage.

I just got the track info to work with the MW600 by changing the "CyanogenMod Metachanged Intent" under Headset/Bluetooth to "CyanogenMod/Sony #1", even though i'm using Poweramp(2.0.9-build-534 on an LG E610 (Android 4.1.2) that doesn't have CyanogenMod installed. But it shows a warning about slow downs and high battery usage.

:P yeeeeeeeeeeees ! Thank you soooo much Darth Moe, this work perfectly. Finally I can see the track info on my MW600. Cooool B)

Just one more heads up.  I had a Samsung Galaxy SIII, 4.1.2, Rooted, with Poweramp and BT-MP3 tags worked perfectly.

I have since upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  I get the FIRST playing songs track list, however once the next song plays, the tag info never changes.  It is odd that I get the first track information but it is like it can not update with the next track.

Just one more heads up.  I had a Samsung Galaxy SIII, 4.1.2, Rooted, with Poweramp and BT-MP3 tags worked perfectly.

I have since upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  I get the FIRST playing songs track list, however once the next song plays, the tag info never changes.  It is odd that I get the first track information but it is like it can not update with the next track.

I also just got a Note3 and have the same issue.  It displays the track info on the first song, but does not update when I switch tracks.

• 6 years later...
2 hours ago, djdarko said:

Does V3 still have the option to send the Artist info? I just noticed my Onkyo 676 only shows the track title.

No, it doesn't seem to have it any more. I looked a while back as someone else had the same issue as reported in this (very old!) thread.

Actually, I would find it useful to have this option back too for certain outputs, as my car head-unit does not display the Album wording either , only Title and Artist.

Andre

Archived