Bluetooth track info support

Ottoman

I just would like to share my happiness and confirm that, after a long wait, my Sony Ericsson MW-600 now displays song track info (title only) with the latest release of Poweramp using it with Smasung Galaxy S III.

Is there a possible to implement ifo customisation, such as Artist and Track, if desired?

Thank you very much and well done!

PD: I had lost all hopes...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 2.3.4) / Alpine CDE-133BT the bluetooth track info support have no function :wacko: .

Whats wrong?

I habe checked under settings/misc/tweaks : Send Metachanged Intent + Send Album!

Poweramp: newest Version: 2.0.6-build-508

The stock player works fine with track info.

Ottoman

One additional option is available in Poweramp=>Settings => Misc => Tweaks - it enables album and artist info to be sent within Title for devices like SE MW600, which display only Title. This way it will show complete song name with the artist and album.

Holger

Thanks for the report.

Ottoman

One additional option is available in Poweramp=>Settings => Misc => Tweaks - it enables album and artist info to be sent within Title for devices like SE MW600, which display only Title. This way it will show complete song name with the artist and album.

Holger

Thanks for the report.

Thank you for the hint. I did try the Tweak section, but just did not look down! I have tried as suggested but now it is worst (still functional) in the sense that it displays full metadata, which is Title, Artist and Album. This makes more difficult to read now (too much data). Is there a posibility to customise it and limit it to Title and Artist only?

Many thanks for your prompt response!

On my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 2.3.4) / Alpine CDE-133BT the bluetooth track info support have no function :wacko: .

Whats wrong?

I habe checked under settings/misc/tweaks : Send Metachanged Intent + Send Album!

Poweramp: newest Version: 2.0.6-build-508

The stock player works fine with track info.

Hi Holger,

What stops you from upgrading your SGS2 to ICS? I have upgraded mine before getting SGS3. However, a colleague had a problem with ICS on SGS2 (maybe firmware too) on her Ford with Bluetooth linking. After upgrading, her SGS2 to ICS, contact manes were no longer dispalyed, only phone numbers.

Good luck,

Otto

Hallo Ottoman,

i read in german forums that people have problems with the ICS update. After the update some people can´t skip/pause tracks by the headunit. My SGS2 works realy well - Never touch a running system :)

Hallo Ottoman,

i read in german forums that people have problems with the ICS update. After the update some people can´t skip/pause tracks by the headunit. My SGS2 works realy well - Never touch a running system :)

Very well said, indeed! To be quite honest, I found my SGS2 slower after the update (but ICS is tasty); hence, I got the SGS3.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I would like to report a track info issue

On my Motorola Razr i (XT890) running 4.1.2 / Brand new Sony MW600 the bluetooth track info support doesn't work, no info about the tracks are shown. But it works with the stock Google Play Music player :huh:

I've also upgrade my Poweramp to the last version v2.0.8-build-519

I Have checked in settings/misc/tweaks : Send Metachanged Intent + Send Album!

And still nothing :unsure:

Thank you for your help. I've ppurchased the unlocker version because Poweramp answers to all my needs and it will be a little bit painful for me if I have to switch back to the stock app :(

• 4 weeks later...

I drive a 2012 Nissan Leaf and play music via bluetooth from my stock ROM Samsung Galaxy S III. Until the latest update from the play store, it always displayed the text from the metadata (no album art) on the Leaf's center display when anything was playing in Poweramp. Since the update, the Leaf just displays "No Info."

I have the same problem. Got a new Padfone2 Today and now my car is no longer showing "BT-Stream". Now it is showing "Unknown Track" "Unknown Artist" and as time 00:00.

Settings=>Misc=>Tweaks=>Send metachanged Intent

Doesn´t help

Poweramp FULL 2.0.8-525

Android 4.1.1

Please let me know when I can help you to fix this issue.

Thanks

Same issue for me. Have never had BT info working correctly with Poweramp. Works fine with Google Play and MusixMatch, but not with this. Disappointed as I paid for this one.

Please fix this issue as I only stream through a BT stereo and I want the artist/album/song info displayed as it should be.

I am using an Alpine Stereo.

Running latest version, and have tried all the "tweaks" suggested and none work. Why do all the other players work OK?

I thought I'd jump on this pile as well... the now playing metadata is not showing for me when using Poweramp as well. Many months ago it used to, then suddenly it didn't. The controls continued to work.

I didn't know if it was due to Poweramp update, OS update on my phone (Maxx HD w/Android 4.1.1) or update to my Ford Sync (2013 Ford Explorer w/o navigation). For a period of time Google Music wouldn't display the information either. But then I tried Google Music yesterday and the metadata is now showing. That leads me then that the conflict isn't between Ford Sync and/or my phone OS, but instead with bug in Poweramp.

I've tried numerous tweaks including Settings=>Misc=>Tweaks=>Send metachanged Intent, nothing has worked. Just to mention Google Music does exchange this

information seemlessly without needing to tweak anything.

Running Poweramp FULL 2.0.8-525

After paying for this and originally having this work I'd like to get back this functionality, otherwise I might as well use the FREE Google Music.

Is there a known issue with Poweramp sending the metadata to audio Bluetooth? Seems like each thread that reports this problem suddenly falls on deaf ears from development. Certainly if Google Music can display this information the support to display this should be available in the API.

I agree with you, bob61! I can't understand why there are not feedback form the dev team regarding this problem :huh: It's frustrating to not be able to see on my mw600 which song is playing when I use Poweramp (that I bought!) and to know that it perfectly works with the Google Paly Music free app <_<

Don't blame Poweramp, blame Google/Android. Since a few versions Poweramp is able to transfer the Meta track info to the bluetooth device if your phone supports it. So maybe you should check if this is enabled.

The problem is that by default Android is still using AVRCP 1.0 or 1.1. Some vendors added a workaround in their phones wich enable AVRCP 1.3, e.g. Galaxy SII.

But with the Nexus devices, devices from other venders, or even devices with Cyanogenmod 10.1 this will not work, as AVRCP is still on version 1.0.

Maybe the Goole Play Music app also has implemented a workaround which is not available for other apps yet.

Don't blame Poweramp, blame Google/Android. Since a few versions Poweramp is able to transfer the Meta track info to the bluetooth device if your phone supports it. So maybe you should check if this is enabled.

The problem is that by default Android is still using AVRCP 1.0 or 1.1. Some vendors added a workaround in their phones wich enable AVRCP 1.3, e.g. Galaxy SII.

But with the Nexus devices, devices from other venders, or even devices with Cyanogenmod 10.1 this will not work, as AVRCP is still on version 1.0.

Maybe the Goole Play Music app also has implemented a workaround which is not available for other apps yet.

The problem is that the Poweramp developer doesn't bother to acknowledge these reports, just ignores it. Having the issue ignored is frustrating. Since Google Music works I can't think it's an OS limitation. The suggestion to turn on metadata is the only suggestion given over and over, that's not the problem or solution. Also, this WAS working some versions ago and then stopped, so something changed along the way so just looking for the unfix it :)

FYI - There are several threads in Bug Report section on this.

Yesterday, I tried the bluetooth metadata function with the google music app. And it is working in combination with my car. Only Poweramp sends "Unknown" to my Car. Perhaps there is a problem with the parsing?

Frustrating that the developer is ignoring this...

I dont want to use the google app, beauce i can't make the app to continous playin when i connected to my car via bluetooth. Poweramp is able to, but cannot share the Metadata :(

Archived