Poweramp causes reboot every 30 minutes stock ics

hello everyone

I went thru hell to figure out which app is causing the reboot on my samsung galaxy note with stock ICS when listening to music on my sony car stereo through blwuettoth every 30 minutes

After I removed all apps and kept only Poweramp app I noticed that it is Poweramp that is causing this reboot every 30 mintes while lsitening to music on my sony stereo through bluetooth streaming.

So I removed Poweramp, and played music thourgh the stock music player on my car stereo through bluetooth and guess what all reboots are gone.

Why is power amp causing this bug something is not sitting well with Poweramp, bluetooth and ics

phone: smasung galaxy note

android: stock ics 4.03

Poweramp 2.0.5-build-488 Full Version

I have been chasing down this bug and most reports are due to ICS 4.0.3 at blame as those with 4.0.4 no longer have the issue, also the gingerbread 2.3.x version worked as well.

out of interest i have uninstalled the trial and will see if it soft reboots the phone within 30 minutes tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

I'm running CyanogenMod 10 with Android 4.1.1 and Poweramp version 2.0.6-build-508 Full Version and am also experiencing this issue. It's highly annoying.

I'll have a look at the build on the forums to see if it fixes this issue when I have some more time.

[edit] well, it seems I already have the latest version available.

Also my reboots only happen when listening to music and not every 30 minutes. Might be a different bug.

I'm running CyanogenMod 10 with Android 4.1.1 and Poweramp version 2.0.6-build-508 Full Version and am also experiencing this issue. It's highly annoying.

I'll have a look at the build on the forums to see if it fixes this issue when I have some more time.

[edit] well, it seems I already have the latest version available.

Also my reboots only happen when listening to music and not every 30 minutes. Might be a different bug.

We haven't optimized Poweramp with Android 4.1 just yet, and we don't fully support custom ROMs since we cannot test them out because our 60+ devices are all stock. But hopefully Jelly Bean optimization will solve your issues!

Ok, I updated the radio and had to reflash CM10. It appears the reboots are gone. The only issues that is still bothering me is that the Poweramp doesnt remember what track was playing after a reboot. But this is quite acceptable for me.

• 1 year later...

Interesting topic this, as I'm experiencing the exact same problem.

I'm running CyanAOSP JB4.3 v1.7.5 built from CM10.2 source with GCC 4.6 with O3 optimizations and I get random force restarts (into CWM recovery). It happens after about 1530minutes of playing music via BT on car stereo just as the OP stated. I'm yet to try it on headphones.

Any advice, or suggestions?

Thanks

Archived