Poweramp v2 build-588/589 [updated: 3 Sep 2016]

Download Poweramp build-579

Download Poweramp HD Skins build-8

NOTE: 860xxx build under Spoiler below is for Intel based devices - it brings 2x-6x reduced CPU usage and better battery life for such devices. You can install the intel optimized version on devices with Intel inside logo. It won't work on ARM based devices. If you install this one you won't be able to install 'usual' version without full reinstall and settings loss!

Download Poweramp build-579 INTEL ONLY VERSION

Changelog:

- even more improved track state saving during bluetooth connection

- MusicFX is disabled by default now for Sony @ Lollipop (as it's broken there)

- 578: improved track state saving during bluetooth connection

- 578: better 3rd party skin failures handling      

- 578: few other minor fixes

- 575: fixed rare issue with compressed id3v2 tags

- 574: improved stability @ Lollipop

- 574: fixed issue with tag scanner crashing on some incorrect tags (huge thanks to Saurabh Arora, who helped investigating the issue)

- 574: added workaround to skip wbmp album art as it crashes Android in albums/folders list (huge thanks to Luan Andrade, who helped investigating the issue)

- 574: fixed drag and drop in playlists @ Android 4.4+     

- 574: few other minor fixes

If for any reason you have problems when you install the latest build, you can re-download recent older versions from the links below, press the Spoiler button to reveal links:

Note: caution should always be advised when rolling back any software, just in case new settings or features may have been added which may no longer be compatible with older versions. You'll probably be fine of course, but install at your own risk.

Regular (ARM) versions:

Download Poweramp build-578

Download Poweramp build-575

Download Poweramp build-574

Download Poweramp build-573

Download Poweramp build-572

Intel-only versions (see note above to ensure you have the correct device for these versions):

Download Poweramp build-578 INTEL ONLY VERSION

Download Poweramp build-575 INTEL ONLY VERSION

Download Poweramp build-574 INTEL ONLY VERSION

Download Poweramp build-573 INTEL ONLY VERSION

Download Poweramp build-572 INTEL ONLY VERSION

Sweet! That did it. Many thanks. :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

PowerAmp doesnt work with the current developer preview of Android M.

Thanks for the input. I'm sure Max will be testing and modifying Poweramp to work with Android M by the time it at least gets a name [i'm hoping for "Marshmallow", although "Mint Cream" would be nice too]

Andre

Build-580 just broked my menu config. Its all grey and you cant uncheck...

Im runing Nexus 5 with 5.1.1.

Other devices like Nexus 7 with 5.0.2 all fine and galaxy S4 running CM 11 fine too...

In my N5 5.1.1 I had to donwgrade to the build-579 and all worked fine again with menu config.

Hi, i don't know if this is a Poweramp bug or android system.

If you have youtube app linked to the tv playing something (for the kids)

And i have my headphones in listening to music (Poweramp) once the lockscreen activates and screen goes off all is fine. But if I then unlock the phone Poweramp stops playback. I have to go back into it and press play again

Build-580 just broked my menu config. Its all grey and you cant uncheck...

Im runing Nexus 5 with 5.1.1.

Other devices like Nexus 7 with 5.0.2 all fine and galaxy S4 running CM 11 fine too...

In my N5 5.1.1 I had to donwgrade to the build-579 and all worked fine again with menu config.

Same problem here on LG G4 with Android 5.1.

With build 580 it's not possible to customize the menu anymore. The action bar is forced on top of the cover.

Previous settings from older build were overwritten.

After downgrade action bar could be disabled again.

Same problem here on LG G4 with Android 5.1.

With build 580 it's not possible to customize the menu anymore. The action bar is forced on top of the cover.

Previous settings from older build were overwritten.

After downgrade action bar could be disabled again.

Must be a Lollipop related issue as it works fine on my KitKat Note 3. So you're both saying that you can't use Poweramp's menu settings to disable the Android Action bar, yes? Can you untick it but nothing happens, or does it not let you even uncheck that option in Settings > Look and Feel > Menus ?

Andre

Another not-so-good change with 580 is that the icon overlays at the very top don't go away anymore - they stay there permanently, and they sit on top of the album cover:

http://i.imgur.com/l9Dpx5L.png

With the previous build, these icons would fade out of sight along with the repeat, star rating, and shuffle icons, either if you had "Auto Hide Panels" enabled, or else if you tapped on the album cover to make the overlay icons disappear. That no longer happens with 580.

Can this change be reverted to the previous behaviour - at least as an option for those of us who prefer nothing to cover the album image - please?

Another not-so-good change with 580 is that the icon overlays at the very top don't go away anymore - they stay there permanently, and they sit on top of the album cover:

http://i.imgur.com/l9Dpx5L.png

With the previous build, these icons would fade out of sight along with the repeat, star rating, and shuffle icons, either if you had "Auto Hide Panels" enabled, or else if you tapped on the album cover to make the overlay icons disappear. That no longer happens with 580.

Can this change be reverted to the previous behaviour - at least as an option for those of us who prefer nothing to cover the album image - please?

That problem is related to the issue commented above (skinned menus and their related behavior don't work)

• 2 weeks later...