Poweramp for audiobooks

rafabu

Hallo,

Poweramp seems to be the perfect solution not only for listening music, but also for audiobooks. Except - is there any bookmark feature? Just remembering the last listening position for each album or folder would be fine (in the most simple case: globally switch on or off)!

Marking the folders which contain audiobooks for remembering the last listening position or manually setting bookmarks would be a goody!

Is there any feature like this?

- rafabu

This has been asked repeatedly by many people (me included) but so far there has not even been the courtesy of an answer, let alone an indication that it might be implemented at some point.

Max, please could you comment on this, or one of the other threads asking the same thing? Just a simple "remember last played position" feature for podcasts, radio shows, audiobooks, or any other long audio files would be very welcome indeed. Thanks.

Andre

This has been asked repeatedly by many people (me included) but so far there has not even been the courtesy of an answer, let alone an indication that it might be implemented at some point.

Max, please could you comment on this, or one of the other threads asking the same thing? Just a simple "remember last played position" feature for podcasts, radio shows, audiobooks, or any other long audio files would be very welcome indeed. Thanks.

Andre

I'll talk to max about this feature :) since everyone seems to want it.

I'll talk to max about this feature :) since everyone seems to want it.

Thanks Wen, that'd be much appreciated by quite a number of people it seems. We're not asking for Poweramp to become a dedicated Audiobook or Podcast player, but just a simple option to remember the last playback positions for those types of file would be great (and ideally also an option to exclude those same same files from random shuffled lists - a one-hour podcast appearing in the middle of randomly-played songs seems a bit odd!)

(I still miss the old days when Max was in here all the time checking feedback, but I guess he can't keep up with forums and also write software at the same time!)

Andre

Thanks Wen, that'd be much appreciated by quite a number of people it seems. We're not asking for Poweramp to become a dedicated Audiobook or Podcast player, but just a simple option to remember the last playback positions for those types of file would be great (and ideally also an option to exclude those same same files from random shuffled lists - a one-hour podcast appearing in the middle of randomly-played songs seems a bit odd!)

(I still miss the old days when Max was in here all the time checking feedback, but I guess he can't keep up with forums and also write software at the same time!)

Andre

Yeah Max is seriously busy, so much that he doesn't get back to me for a few days (too many customers asking him for help, new features, payment issues)

He says he'll implement this though, so now worries, it's coming in 2.1 update

Yeah Max is seriously busy, so much that he doesn't get back to me for a few days (too many customers asking him for help, new features, payment issues)

He says he'll implement this though, so now worries, it's coming in 2.1 update

Great news about these features being added to 2.1 - I'm really looking forward to that.

Sounds like Max really needs to offload things like payment issues, general help, etc onto a paid employee so he can concentrate on the core work (which is what brings the new users in, and generates more revenue).

Andre

Great news about these features being added to 2.1 - I'm really looking forward to that.

Sounds like Max really needs to offload things like payment issues, general help, etc onto a paid employee so he can concentrate on the core work (which is what brings the new users in, and generates more revenue).

Andre

He does, but then that's still not enough... Nevertheless, he loves his users and always rather respond to their emails than let anyone else do it. He will be working hard on finishing the update and the forum will get it first like usual for testing.

• 2 weeks later...

What about a 'last recently played' list in Poweramp? This could be a list which contains the last recently played folders/albums (could long audio files also be regarded as 'one file albums'?). Tapping on an entry would continue playing that folder/album at the last position, where the user had interrupted the last time.

• 10 months later...

Poweramp is a great player but forgetting where you are in a song is a massive PITA for me.

lets say I am listening to a song, with the currently play song screen active. and I tap the title to take me to the playlist. I can then see the list with an active progress bar. If I tap that song in the list, I go back to the current song playback screen BUT the song restarts!!!

I have to lick the small arrow bottom left which is nearly invisible (black theme) instead. yeah, this is really great design.

Poweramp is richly featured and pretty bug free, but I think the programmer needs to watch usability tests to see how people try and use it... principles of least suprises and all.

Archived