.pamp file

poguec

What is a .pamp file and what settings do I need to change to make sure I don't get one. I have my music folder setup with all the information needed to provide album art and ID3 tags so I don't want any other files added to it.

Folder.jpg and albumart.jpg (or any other jpg supported as album art) virtually can be any size. To reduce stress on device memory and cpu while showing many of such images, these small .pamp files are created. They are created in the folders as this is the fastest way it will display the thumbnails, and this is generally similar to some other desktop apps (e.g. wmp which creates albumart...)

• 2 years later...
Folder.jpg and albumart.jpg (or any other jpg supported as album art) virtually can be any size. To reduce stress on device memory and cpu while showing many of such images, these small .pamp files are created. They are created in the folders as this is the fastest way it will display the thumbnails, and this is generally similar to some other desktop apps (e.g. wmp which creates albumart...)

Yeh, but there is another problem I've found with this 'albumart.pamp' file, if you happen to also use another music app (on this occasion Nuetron Player), when the albumart.pamp file is in the same folder that Nuetron player accesses, having this file present stops Nuetron player from generating thumbnail album art in it's own listing views, remove this file from the Poweramp folder, and the problem in Nuetron player goes.

Let me also just add this comment, Nuetron player doesn't generate any kind of cache file when keeping your music tracks in there folder location, so why does Poweramp need to do this?

I don't like to have one music folder location for Poweramp's use, and have to double up all my music just to have another location for Nuetron's, so Poweramp's 'albumart.pamp' file doesn't effect another app.

Poweramp developers please sort this issue, or place this file into it's own folders location, there must be a solution thanks.

Regards

Archived