Method of Playing and Queueing

griff

I love Poweramp. I bought it long ago (not when it was on sale) and use it on a daily basis for hours on end. However, I have a couple small gripes...

First off the bat, I often have problems regarding queued tracks and track that are currently playing. I've posted about this in the past but either it flies over most people's heads, or no one gives a toss. Hopefully I get some feedback this time.

I like to queue up a good two or three hours worth of albums and then let it play while I work at my day job. Often I will browse for an artist in the Library, go into an album, and then select the first track, then it plays. The rest of the album is not queued per se, but will play following that first track. I don't know if this has a specific name, but I refer to it as Now Playing. My settings are such that I can go back into the Library and select more albums, long press them and queue them. The setting that allows this is in Settings > Advanced > Queue, and then Start Playing Queue is set to After Current List. Sometimes I will queue up albums without playing something first using the Now Playing method I mention at the start of this paragraph.

Here's where I have a problem though, and I have a suggestion that would fix it. Sometimes I'll start playing something (like mentioned above with the Now Playing method) and then queue up more albums. I might come across a song I love, and want to go back and listen to it again. If I accidentally tap too far, beyond the first track of the Now Playing music, the Now Playing album is gone, and instead I am presented with the last entry of music in my Library, which is usually a band starting with Z. So I've accidentally navigated all the way to the very end of my Library and going forward brings me to the queued albums , but not the Now Playing album. I have to go back into my Library and play it again.

Here's my suggestion: Instead of having a Now Playing method or mode, why not make everything that is played on the fly put into the queue? It's just like how Winamp works.

:)

• 3 months later...

Woo, a reply! Ok... quick clarification cos I'm now at a point where I can't be bothered anymore... I hope I don't come across as a total prick, but as I implied in the OP, this isn't the first time I've reached out for help with this and it's gotten me nowhere. But here goes...

I play an album. Then I queue more albums up. When the first album is done, the "real" queue begins. This poses a sort of issue as the first album wasn't ever part of the queue. Why not make all playing albums auto queued? Anyways, the problem is if I press back to listen to a song and accidentally go too far back, I lose my "fake" queue. The albums that were queued are intact but not the first album.

Archived