How do you exit the app?

lareye

I can not seem to figure out how to exit the app. When I play a song, I tap Pause to stop the song from playing. Then I press the back button to get out of the app, but when I click on the Power Amp icon to re-enter the app, the same song is still paused. This is the same when I push the home button too. Then when I put in my headset to make a phone call, the song starts playing again. (I did check the box to resume playing when inserting the headset, so I'm aware of that feature). But I can not figure out how to stop the app so it turns off. I'm not sure if I need to stop it, but otherwise, it seems like it will be running for ever.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the request.

This is special feature by PowerAMP - it saves the current song and position in it.

No mater then what happens with the PowerAMP - process exited, phone rebooted, switched off and stayed on the shelf for 1 year - as soon as it loads again, it will restore to the last position.

• 1 month later...

There is no relation between started/stopped application status and handling headset controls in Android.

Android starts app if it's not started and registered for headset controls.

You may want either to disable Resume on headset connection option in PowerAMP settings => Headset options.

You can also use Stop action (long press on play/pause) to switch song state to stopped (there is no resume from stopped state).

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I understand that there is no relation and am aware of the headset option. What I'm suggesting is a way to leave the headset option enabled for times when I want to use Poweramp, such as when I'm at work and take a smoke break and all I have to do is plug the buds for instant music, while having a way to exit the app so I don't have to disable the option everytime I go home for example, and want to use other apps that utilize earbuds. Because currently when I get off work, I have to disable headset resume, so I can use my headset, which is always being plugged and unplugged due to calls and other music apps, so that Poweramp does not keep popping up. Then I have to reenable it when I goto work. So it would be very useful for me to be able to exit the app with one tap when I'm not in Poweramp-listening mode (at work) so I can use my other music apps / games with headphones, without having to constantly reenable and disable the headset option just to stop Poweramp from playing when I don't want it to. An easily accessible exit button is an ideal solution. Merry xmas to you too!

I just re-read your reply and realized your point that even if Poweramp weren't running, android will launch Poweramp when headset is plugged in if the option is on. Android should only be doing this if a service or something Poweramp-related is actively running, I'm guessing. So an exit function that kills all Poweramp related services could possibly stop android from launching Poweramp even if the headset option is enabled, hopefully?

• 1 month later...

Archived