"Too many failed files, playing will stop now"

Hi,

I get this message when I want to listen to a file I have recorded from an online streaming music site. It's been recorded recently with StationRipper. Older files recorder with StationRipper like a few months ago play fine, that's what I mostly listen to.

The message I get, is : "Too many failed files, playing will stop now", when I click play either from a playlist, or from a folder. However, I can play these files from the built-in music player in Android without any issue.

I see if I can upload such a file in my user space on this forum, or I'll send it directly to you; Max, as I have your mail from a licence issue that is solved.

Still and again, nice work

Cheers

edit

I forgot:

android 2.3.5 on both samsung galaxy mini s5570, s2 (same issue)

android as is it, no custom rom yet, no time too to get into that

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Too many files failed" message is shown when more than 5-10 files in a row can't be played. This can happen because:

- no such files actually exist on sd card (files or folder were moved somewhere else, deleted outside of Poweramp, etc.). Folders Rescan will fix that

- sd card is unmounted (e.g. phone is connected as usb storage)

- given files are not in Poweramp supported format

- files can't be read (sd card is broken, files were not downloaded completely, etc.)

Recently updates to the newest version and see this error very consistently, skip 2 maybe 3 songs and I get this error. I haven't changed my music library and I know for a fact the songs it's skipping are songs that used to play. I am also seeing the error when I press the menu button and make any selection the application just closes

Edit: FYI I am using a Motorola Atrix recently updates to 2.3.6 (Stock ATT)

Please contact me via poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com, if you want to help with fixing this issue.

You can fix it with Poweramp reset via applications => poweramp => cleardata, but some logcat from you will be helpful (special debug build of Poweramp will be needed). Thanks!

Is this problem solved? I have the same issue and I'm damn sure that it's not the SD card problem since I used the default music player from my ST18i and it works well. You know, when "Too many failed files, playing will stop now" happens, it will happen very ofen. I tried to shut down and start over my vell phone, it could player for a while, but soon it happens again. Poor that I paied to buy it from the market...

I've had the same problem after updating the ROM and restoring the app with the backup program (files and settings), and clearing the Poweramp cache helped.

But now I have the problem with "Failed to verify license"!

What should I do?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem of the "Two many failed files......." and tried different options. Even if I went into setup, the app would close out. Sometimes it would play, then again it would generate the error again. So I called Verizon's Tech Support. The fix that worked for me was to reset the phone to factory defaults. All this started to happen after I received the latest Verizon update.

So, hopefully this helps someone in fixing the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue. I just upgraded from a original droid to a droid x2. I sometimes would have this problem on my old phone but never as frequent as I do on this one. The songs play fine in the android music player. But Poweramp just keeps getting the failed to play message. I tried moving them to a different folder, redownload the song, reinstall all of Poweramp and nothing. I emailed you as well. Hopefully i can get this working. This is the only music player i like to use. I love Poweramp please help!!!

• 1 month later...

I am also having this issue. Just started recently. Motorola Photon with Sprint.

Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the latest version from the Android App Store, and clearing the cache (applications => Poweramp => cleardata). Neither worked. I have not applied any "ROM" update that I know of, just software updates for various apps.

As a temporary solution, I have uninstalled the "latest version" and reinstalled version 1.4. So far, this has worked, but I shouldn't have to do this. I shouldn't have to restore my phone to the factory settings either (?!?!).

As this only recently happened, and the version 1.4 Poweramp works fine, I'm thinking this is a Poweramp issue, not a phone issue. Other players also work fine, but I definitely prefer Poweramp.

Is there a fix that doesn't involve wiping all my data and settings from my phone or not?

Update if anyone is watching this thread.

As stated in my previous post, I started having the "too many failed files" error recently (within the last several weeks).

My files work fine in other players and version 1.4 of Poweramp (downloaded from Poweramp's website) does not produce this "too many failed files" error.

I don't really care much for version 1.4 and found another version of Poweramp (version 2.0.4, build 467) on another site. So far, Version 2.04 works fine and does not produce this problem.

Whatever is causing the "too many failed files" error is something in the Poweramp software that was changed between version 2.04 and version 2.05.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have ran CM10.2, Paranoid Android 3.92, AOSP based 4.3 Roms, and stock 4.3 on my Nexus 4. All of them have this issue, where I had no trouble playing the same songs with play music or on my 4.0.3 tablet or on any 4.2 rom. It seems to be a 4.3 issue. Also, I have tried both JWR66V and JSS15J builds of AOSP.

I know from another forum that there were some file system issues with CM 10.2 and external SD cards on some kernals. Do you get the same problems if you copy your music (or at least enough of it to test) onto the phone's on-board memory rather than an external SD card? It may not be related, but worth checking anyway.

Andre

Archived