Playlist sort option - artist/album/track #?

izza

I was wondering, seeing as how there's already an artist/album sort option in playlists (which sorts by artist, then album, but then puts the album tracks in alphabetical order), would it be maybe a good idea to have an additional sort option called artist/album/track # that would put tracks in a playlist in the "right" order? I know it's a little obsessive, but I can generally fault so little with Poweramp, but this one tiny feature would be pretty awesome for me.

Yeah, what I meant was a specific playlist sorting option to organise songs by artist, then by album, then by track number. You can currently organise by artist, then by album, but the tracks are then sorted alphabetically, which is a minor nuisance (this is what happens when you go menu - sort - by artist/album while in a playlist). It'd be nice just to have that third level of sorting, ie. a playlist sort option called "By artist/album/track #".

If you say it's too much work for a little, nitpicky thing, alright, but I wanna at least make sure you know what I mean first.

• 4 years later...

I'm also missing this option, to resort an entire playlist based on several criteria in hierarchical order artist/album/track number.

Sorting by artist/album messes up the track number sorting because it sorts alphabetically I think, sorting by track number ignores artist and album priority.

Thank you and sorry for bumping this old thread 

You can set the sort order for the songs level independently from the albums level. So for example you could display by Album Artist alphabetically, then sort the actual songs by Track Number.  Tap Menu > List Options at each level to see the choices available. (Note: handling of the Album Artist tag is supported in the latest alpha-test releases if you want to give that a try).

Personally though, I still use Folders and Subfolders for artist/album sorting, then I have complete control based on the way I name the folders. The you can use either filename or track# sorting at the songs level.

Andre

• 1 month later...

That does not help with sorting playlists (which was the original topic of the thread).

I too would like to be able to re-sort a playlist by artist/album/track#. Even if I create the folder hierarchy to reflect artist/album and prepend a track number to each file name, sorting the playlist by file name pays attention only to the last component of the path (not the folder hierarchy), so it ends up being the same as sorting the playlist by track# only (i.e., I get track 1 from all albums at the top, track 2 from all albums right below that, etc).

Archived