Issues with multiple folders and shuffling inside onle one...

daveid

I am having an issue, and I searched and read relevant threads already. I have two music folders, one contains full (single file) albums, the other contains albums broken into individual tracks. What I want is for Poweramp to shuffle all the full albums, without entering the other folder when it completes the list. I want it to keep on shuffling the full albums, unless I tell it not to anymore. I think if the shuffle mode were made to act like a normal shuffle mode, this would work properly when I select my folder and tell it to shuffle. Instead, Poweramp creates a list of those albums in random order, and plays that list in order. This is not shuffling, it is just making a random list and playing in order. So, even if I do that, and tell it to repeat the list, it will no longer be random. Am I missing something? Or, is this just the way it is?

On an older version of Poweramp (before the new media library integration) I had my library (the full albums) and my folder (the broken albums), and could simply shuffle my library, the only time it would touch my other folders (with the individual tracks) is when I manually selected those tracks. Is going back my only option?

Thanks,

Dave.

I don't get it. Is your problems what happens when you have played all your albums all through? You don't want Poweramp to enter the next folder with the individual tracks? How is the "making a random list and playing it" NOT playing the tracks randomly? Even though both your music folders show up in folder view, you can easily make power amp shuffle wichever folder you want without tuching other folders. Please be a little bit more specific!

How much more specific do I need to be?

I have two folders, I don't want Poweramp to do anything with my secondary folder, while continuously shuffling (not repeating the random ordering of a single playlist) the files in the first folder. That's it, nothing more. I want to be able to manually make a queue with the files in the secondary folder, so removing it from the library is not a choice. The problem with selecting shuffle this folder is that it just randomizes them and plays the random selection in order, once that is completed it starts playing files from the secondary folder. If I told it to repeat all, it would just repeat the same random order of albums, which is no longer random. All I want is to listen to the files in my primary folder randomly, continuously, without playing anything from my secondary folder unless I select them.

Now I see, and sorry, I can not help you with this one. As far as i can see, it is true that when you shuffle a folder and let the player repeate that shuffle, the player will repeate the tracks in the same order the second time. The only way to avoid this that I know of is to re-shuffle the folder when you reach the end of the first play. Instead of having the player repeate the shuffle, manually start a new shuffle, and the randomaization of tracks will be re-made. Maybe a topic for the feature requests forum to let the player re-randomize the shuffle order when player reaches end of shuffle and restarts?

Another thing - making the player NOT enter the next folder is easy though, just select "repeate list" in the lower left corner of the album art.

Right, Poweramp v1.x did reshuffled list each time on repeat. Poweramp2 doesn't do that (instead it stores shuffle "session" in the database to ensure no repeats could possible happen for any reason), but we'll probably add this feature.

Thanks!

Now I see, and sorry, I can not help you with this one. As far as i can see, it is true that when you shuffle a folder and let the player repeate that shuffle, the player will repeate the tracks in the same order the second time. The only way to avoid this that I know of is to re-shuffle the folder when you reach the end of the first play. Instead of having the player repeate the shuffle, manually start a new shuffle, and the randomaization of tracks will be re-made. Maybe a topic for the feature requests forum to let the player re-randomize the shuffle order when player reaches end of shuffle and restarts?

Another thing - making the player NOT enter the next folder is easy though, just select "repeate list" in the lower left corner of the album art.

The problem with that is that it will repeat in the same order, destroying the whole shuffle idea.

Right, Poweramp v1.x did reshuffled list each time on repeat. Poweramp2 doesn't do that (instead it stores shuffle "session" in the database to ensure no repeats could possible happen for any reason), but we'll probably add this feature.

Thanks!

That is what I needed to hear. For now, what I've done is add the counter to the current playing screen, and when it gets close to the end, I simply go to the folder view and shuffle it again. Looking forward to an endless shuffle mode. I'd buy Poweramp again for that feature!!!

The problem with that is that it will repeat in the same order, destroying the whole shuffle idea.

That is what I needed to hear. For now, what I've done is add the counter to the current playing screen, and when it gets close to the end, I simply go to the folder view and shuffle it again. Looking forward to an endless shuffle mode. I'd buy Poweramp again for that feature!!!

I belive it's already in the latest version (not on the market but downloadeble here in the forums)!

Archived