Exciting new idea for album/playlist navigation

blak3rs

This Idea popped into my head the other day and I haven't been able to get rid of it, so I thought I'd share it and see if anyone else thinks it's as good as I do...

Currently in the main "player" screen there are two different ways of skipping forward and backward through tracks. You can either use the buttons below the album art, or you can swipe on the album art itself. However, in order to select a different track in the album or playlist you are currently listening to, it is necessary to go back into the library menus.

A good way around this (I think) would be to remove the track skip when swiping on the album art and instead implement a feature whereby drawing from right to left on the album art gradually brought a track listing in from the left side of the screen. The track list would move in synchrony with the users finger, and would disappear if the finger was lifted. with the users finger moving right to left, and the track listing moving left to right, the two would eventually meet. The user would be able to choose the next track by moving his finger up or down until it rested over the desired track and then lifting, causing the track to play.

Its quite a simple idea, and I've probably made it sound more complicated than it is, but it's surprisingly difficult to explain without pictures!

but basically the track listing would always move in synchrony with the users finger, (however in the opposite direction). Thereby making selecting a different track from the current album or playlist extremely quick, and more of a "swipe gesture" than something requiring multiple taps.

Let me know what you think, I think its a great idea, but then I might just be going mad!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived