Embedded Rating Tags

d1v

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd really like to see support for a simple "rating" tag, which is what I (and many others) use in foobar.

It's nice that there's a standard POPM tag that's used by WMP and MM, but from what I've read they don't use it the same way. Plus, a simple "Rating" tag doesn't require any fancy tag manipulation since it doesn't encapsulate any extra data like the POPM tag does.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know if MediaMonkey and WinAmp use the same rating system, but i they're different, and if you make MediaMonkey ratings readable, please also make it an option to read WinAmp ratings, and give the user the option to choose which rating the player should use.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently bought iSyncr as I have spent a few years building smart playlists based on star ratings in iTunes. I'm quite disappointed to discover that, while I can star rate songs in Poweramp, those ratings don't sync back to iTunes and therefore my smart playlists aren't updated. :huh:

Music Player Pro has a settings option that allows you to chose which rating system to use, one of those being iSyncr. Unfortunately I found Music Player Pro to be inferior by far to Poweramp and I've already paid for Poweramp and really love it in almost every other aspect.

Are there any plans to implement this soon? As far as I can see this should have been in place by now, especially considering the other player has had this capability for at least a couple of years.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

Is it going to be included in the next release? I am waiting for it for months, at least from October when I suggested this functionality (over email then found this thread).

It is 15 months from this topic creation and nearly 12 months since it was said to be in the next update.

I can see new update coming soon as seen in the http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/3189-Poweramp-209-build-527-updated-24-april-2013/

But there is nothing about rating that.

Could we get clear info if this is actually coming or not? Would like just to know if I am suppose to expect it or not? 

With my rather large music library I am relying on rating tag to know which tracks are worth listening to, now all the selection have to be done externally, eg on a PC which is very uncomfortable. 

It would be nice to know the state of this feature request.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like this feature request has been stale for almost two years now! If anyone's interested I finally found an Android music player that supports song ratings between different devices, "PlayerPro".

From their site.

"Import and export music history and ratings from your favorite desktop music player: Songbird, Winamp, Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey ..."

• 3 months later...

I would like to purchase this app, but the lack of a compatible rating functionality is keeping me back. Realizing that although many people are asking for it but are not getting a response from the devs side is also not very promising.

Could someone please let the others and me know about the future of this feature. Is atm actively worked on this? Will it not be included?

Thank you, Silvio

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yup. Most wanted feature for me!

I have 4000+ songs and categorizing becomes so much more easier with ratings. My phone needs to be factory reset and shipped for a warranty claim and I haven't done that because I don't want to go through rating all those songs again (I already have done a re-rating about 2-3 times due to updates or self-mistakes)

Archived