Streaming/Downloading Google Music from the Cloud

yirm

I'm in the process of uploading my 16.7K track library of music to Google Music. It's awesome. Only down side is that I have to use the Google Music Player for Android and cannot use Poweramp. How great would it be to be able to use Poweramp to access my Google Music from the cloud? Thanks for your consideration, and for a great player.

-Jeremy

Google music is google's proprietary technology to sell music.

I do not see how can crappy google/apple/amazon/adobe/M$'s drm garbage can easily integrate with Poweramp keeping it as bullshitless as it is.

Well, PA dev could decide to include that feature because Google pays him for doing so... but that would look like PA getting ads.

Google music is google's proprietary technology to sell music.

I do not see how can crappy google/apple/amazon/adobe/M$'s drm garbage can easily integrate with Poweramp keeping it as bullshitless as it is.

Well, PA dev could decide to include that feature because Google pays him for doing so... but that would look like PA getting ads.

Lol... People these days speaking before they even know what we're talking about... We don't want GoogleMusic to buy the music, we want it to have access to our Music Stored on Google Music's Servers.

• 1 month later...

As I said in another thread, this is sad. The storage in G-music is amazing. I love P-amp but I use it less and less because with over half my collection now online I can't keep switching back and forth wondering where things are. This is very regrettable. In another thread, it was stated that G-Music's API is NOT made available to 3rd party developers. If that is true, I can't understand why g-music won't allow outside interfaces---there are other interfaces by 3rd parties with their calendar, tasks apps and so on. But this is a huge issue for P-amp's future. P-amp is a better player, I like it way better. But I don't use it much any more.

Archived