Updated: Poweramp 2.0.5 build-488

maxmp

NOTE: We're updating PowerAMP builds published on the site/forum more frequently, comparing to the Market. Market gets updates when there are major feature additions/bug fixes (due to the way Market updating works, it's not easy to implement silent updating as Google does, for example, for Chrome browser - when it can have of multiple transparent updates per day).

Download Poweramp v2.0.5-build-488

Extras (not changed):

Download PowerAMP Standard Widget Pack 2.0-build-22 (Note: this widget pack is compatible with PowerAMP v1.4 as well)

Download PowerAMP Classic Skin APK

Download PowerAMP Classic Skin JAR (same as apk, different packaging. Copy it to sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/skins/ to install the skin)

Changelog:

- build-488: fixed issue with silent exit after device firmware update

- build-488: updated translations (thanks to "天外来客bin", Cye3s, Timmy Fox)

- build-487: fixed issue with SRS button overlap on some custom ROMs

- build-487: toned StereoX down a bit

- build-487: balance knob is less sensitive now

- build-487: added equ reset confirmation

- build-487: added option not to pause on calls

- build-487: added ability to re-skin all Poweramp screens

- build-487: fixed few translations issues (thanks to Budi Pang, "Cye3s")

- build-487: fixed issue with some CUEs not being processed

- build-487: added detection for broken Unlocker

- build-487: few other bug fixes and stability improvements

- build-484: when folder is played from Folders, Advance List mode is enabled only for hierarchy mode

- build-484: fixed DHD button for custom ROMs which support both new and old HTC effects

- build-483: fixed issue with Classic Skin

- build-482: fixed wma pro and various non-16/44.1/48 formats

- build-482: fixed widget issue

- build-481: workaround for ICS 4.0.3+ notification background bug

- build-481: Swedish translation (big thanks to Timmy Fox)

- build-481: improved compatibility with some custom ROMs

- build-481: retuned old API DHD effects for Android 2.3

- build-481: Simplified Chinese not applied anymore for Traditional Chinese system language

- build-480: notification controls support (Android 3.0+)

- build-480: ICS lock screen controls support

- build-480: Chinese translation (beta, big thanks to i-Free Company)

- build-478: Japanese translation (big thanks to "sunatomo")

- build-477: fixed issue with installation on Android 3.0

- build-477: Polish translation (big thanks to Blazej Jezewski)

- HTC Beats/SRS support

- enabled DSP features are now displayed under equalizer curve

- Poweramp now reshuffles list on repeat

- fixed few ICS-related Poweramp issues

- multichannel FLACs

- option to search for album art based on just title/filename

- Korean translation (big thanks to David Cho)

- few other bug fixes and stability improvements

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- added support for folders/library auto-update on music download or MTP transfers

- added option for folders/library scan on PowerAMP start

Thanks Max! Are these both the same option setting by the way?

I'll let you know in a few days if this version fixes my overnight Force Close crash issue.

Andre

I posted this before, but nothing has been solved since v2.0. Could you please take a look at these bugs?

I experienced some bugs while using Poweramp V2.0 on my HTC Desire S (Android 2.3.5/ Sense 3.0):

• The Dolby Mobile and SRS Enhancement settings aren't doing anything at all. I can select one of them, but I don't hear any difference.
  • When I change the playlist order the wrong album art is being loaded. So, when I change the playing order from "Shuffle all" to "Shuffle songs, lists in order", the album art which would have been next when the "Shuffle all" setting was still on is displayed for a short time, and after that the right album art is displayed.
  • When I choose for "Vertical" in Display Mode, it works fine when I'm using the player. However, if I go to the settings menu, the display style is Default, so it's displaying the menu horizontally when I hold the phone that way

You really need to have an option to completely disable the Library scanner. The library was scanned with the previous version, installing the update shouldn't cause it to run again automatically. The scanner crashes my rom every time it runs, so basically I can't use the newest version because there is no way to fully disable the scanner. Sure you can tell it not to in the options, but that doesn't actually keep it from running every time the phone is rebooted.

I think this update just wiped off all of my star ratings. i.e. 1000 ratings!

Sigh. Back to square one

This is why I hope we can get a Settings Backup integrated into the PowerMP settings structure. I am sure there is already a way to save all of it but something basic and selectable is a great user friendly option.

Max can you please fix the volume level in DVC mode?

Im using nexus one 2.3.6 stock with DVC enabled and Im absolutely love the mids in DVC mode

but I have to turn down the preamp knob all the way down to minimum,otherwise its

Too loud and distorts.

Can u please fix itit so the volume level will be more usefull?

Hello,

I have ditched the iPod in favor of Poweramp (on HTC Incredible s), and really happy with it. (presently running v2.0.2)

I have one issue though that I can't seem to resolve? I have a huge iTunes library of mp3/alac files (all id3 v2.3), with iTunNORM tags filled by iVolume.

Replay gain does not work all the time for some reason. & I am confused as to the proper setup. (Replay gain works proper in iTunes)

Can someone please inform me as to the proper setup for Replay Gain.

Do we need to have the the Eq/Tone/limiter enabled?

Thanks!

--iVolume(www.mani.de/en/ivolume/) re-analyzes with a professional algorithm and then replaces the information in the iTunNORM tag of your songs with perfect values.

Updated: build-461.

NOTE: We're updating PowerAMP builds published on the site/forum more frequently, comparing to the Market. Market gets updates when there are major feature additions/bug fixes (due to the way Market updating works, it's not easy to implement silent updating as Google does, for example, for Chrome browser - when it can have of multiple transparent updates per day).

Thanks Max. My alac files are indeed m4a's.

I have RG set to "Apply Gain"; source "Track"; PreAmp's "0"; Direct volume control "checked".

Does PowerMP then apply volume based on the iTunNORM tag?

Do I need to have the the Eq/Tone/limiter enabled for the setup to work? Doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks.

Hi I'm using a GSM Galaxy Nexus running ICS build 4.0.1

After a day of use, Poweramp (out of nowhere) locked me out of the app because my "license could not be verified."

I purchased the license a long time ago, and its installed on my phone. Like I said, I used Poweramp for a whole day before the error message came up and completely locked me out of the music player.

I have not tried restarting my phone yet, perhaps that may fix it, or maybe If I reinstalled my lincense, but in any case, this is a bug that should be fixed. Can't go restarting my phone or reinstalling the license every time the bug decides to pop up

Thanks.

Archived