Music Library/Folders problem

richard127

Loving the new look but have one problem. With the old library/folders system, I could put podcasts into their own folder and Poweramp wouldn't play them during "shuffle all" playback. Now they are integrated into one view, I assume they will play every time now. This will become very annoying and prevent me using Power Amp as I have many podcasts.

Is there a way of excluding folders from shuffle? Otherwise I'll have to go back to stock. I would hate that as power Amp is Soooo good.

Please advise

I wish I'd known about that feature before, sounds like a great idea and I'd definitely have used it! However I've always found podcasts are included in my Shuffle play orders, just like any other tracks, so I just skip to the next track if they happen to start playing. it'd be great to have them excluded automatically from all shuffle modes though.

Andre

Hi Andre

In iTunes (Urgghhhh!), you can label tracks to be excluded from shuffle. I no longer use iTunes and won't have it on my PC, but it was one of the few features I really liked. Not sure how I found it, but I ticked my 'Podcasts' folder as a search folder in Power Amp and touched the view icon (top right on PA 1.4 in Folders view), and I could go straight into the Podcasts folder and play podcasts. Nothing from that folder ever appeared in Library view however. Basically: In PA 1.x Library view only showed tracks from Library and Folders view would show both Library and Folders. In 2.x Library now shows Library tracks and Folder tracks as well, which now includes them in shuffle.

It would be great if a long press on a given folder offered 'exclude from Shuffle' that would sort it out. Hope the developers come up with something like this or it will drive me wild, I don't want to have to skip tracks every time a podcast appears in the middle of music play (especially in the car)

Ah, I see how you got that now. If your Podcasts folder was not scanned by the Android system music library, then it would not show in PowerAmp's library view either (even if you had selected that folder for Folders mode). However in 2.0, PowerAmp handles its own library so you'll see the same list of tracks whichever view you are in.

I no longer use iTunes and won't have it on my PC

Same here. Never liked it, and it's not on any of my PCs either. I do need to have Quicktime installed (for .mov files) and the incessant unwanted iTunes reminders make me even more determined not to use it!

Andre

Ah, I see how you got that now. If your Podcasts folder was not scanned by the Android system music library, then it would not show in Poweramp's library view either

Ah, that's right, PA 1.x used stock player's library. That would explain it. Never really thought about it, was just glad it worked - now it doesn't... How about it PA guys 'Exclude from shuffle' as a track/folder option? It makes real sense. You already provide per track/album equaliser settings.

richard127

You can exclude any folders from PowerAMP library/folders by unchecking such folders in Settings => Music Folders. Note that Music Folders is an expandable tree, you can expand folders and uncheck subfolders.

I think he wanted Podcasts to still be playable when working in Folders mode (same here, I have mine set at the start of my folders list so I can get to them easily) but for podcasts to NOT be picked when random music is playing in any of the Shuffle modes.

Andre

This can be achieved by following ways:

- you can just have a playlist with all songs, except podcasts. Though, this way such playlist is static one, i.e. not dynamically updated

- you can enqueue the required folders (queue can be even repeated, but of course, you'll need to requeue if you want newly added songs in queue).

- you can utilize PowerAMP hierarchy folders and shuffle just the root folder with the music. This will work if you have folder layout like:

/podcasts

/music

Thanks!

Hey guys, I have all my music on my external SD but I'm having trouble to have the player recognizes it...I can select the artist folder 1 by 1 but that takes a lot of time specially if I delete old music to put new one...so my question is, is there a way to select only the external SD card?

Thanks in advance,

Vítor

Hi maxmp

- you can utilize Poweramp hierarchy folders and shuffle just the root folder with the music. This will work if you have folder layout like:

/podcasts

/music

I don't understand how this will work. If I have both my /Podcasts and /Music folders selected as media folders, how can I shuffle just the /Music folder? When I look at the folders view in PA 2.0 There is no longer any way, so far as I can see, to exclude (or only include) certain folders: it merges the content into one view.

I'll add a new twist to this conversation. Having just upgraded to v2, I had previously had 2 groups of music: one being my permanant library and one separate folder full of "potential" stuff I was previewing (I work in radio, so I don't feel like having all these tracks in the main library). So I used Library for my tunes and Folders for the preview stuff. In v2 there seems to be the option for "No System Scan for Folders" and this preview folder is checked but it still shows up in Library.

I understand that Library is now handled by Poweramp, so maybe you can include a function just like the empty .nomedia file in the folders you didn't want Android to scan, you can make an empty .nopoweramp file to exclude folders from its library.

???

Archived