PowerAMP v2.0 (Release)

maxmp

Download PowerAMP v2.0-build-449

Download PowerAMP Standard Widget Pack 2.0-build-22 (Note: this widget pack is compatible with PowerAMP v1.4 as well)

Download PowerAMP Classic Skin APK

Download PowerAMP Classic Skin JAR (same as apk, different packaging. Copy it to sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/skins/ to install the skin)

Changelog:

Release Candidate:

- enabled deletion

- updated musiXmatch plugin

- stability improvements (may help with stability on few custom ROMs as well)

Full Changelog (from v1.4):

Audio Engine:

- Direct Volume Control for new Android 2.3+ sound system where available.

Direct Volume Control results in volume level equal (or higher with positive preamp) to stock player, but with the Equalizer/Tone enabled

- re-tuned equalizer/tone controls for Direct Volume Control (gives a larger range of distortion-free sound, deeper basses)

- output limiter. Ensures distortion-free sound even on extreme equalizer/tone amplification levels

- support for .mpc (sv7/sv8), .aif/.aiff

- replay gain support for all supported formats which support Replay Gain (mp3, mp4/m4a, flac, ape, wv, tta, ogg, mpc) (most effective with Direct Volume Control)

- stereo expansion effect (Stereo X)

- mix-to-mono, balance

Library/Folders:

- custom complete Library/Media Scanner implementation, 10x-100x scan speed comparing to system library tag scanner, 1000 songs scanned in 15-30sec (depends on phone/sd card)

- Music Folder hierarchical selection. PowerAMP scans only the folders selected in Settings => Music Folders\

- permanent shuffle. Shuffle session is stored in database and survive PowerAMP restart, phone reboots etc.

- Menu => List Opts for almost each Folder/Library list with the sorting, view mode, and other per-list options

- playlist unification, no more Folders vs Library playlists

- m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl playlist file formats support. Sync'ed playlists - any change to playlist is written back to m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl files\n

- playlist export from system Library

- embed cue support (flac, wv, ape)

- full-library and folders search

- history of songs played and other smart playlists (Most Played, Top Rated, Recently Played, Recently Added. Each list can be set to be sorted in Reverse. Enable these lists via

Menu => Lists Opts in Library)

- rating system. PowerAMP 2.0 stores ratings in own database only. Later versions will also sync ratings back to track tags\n

- option not to add duplicates to playlist

- auto-advance options moved from Settings to Advance List repeat mode

- new Shuffle modes: shuffle songs then lists; shuffle lists, songs in order

- home screen playlist shortcut support

- voice search support ("Listen to")

- track "Send" action support (Bluetooth, email, etc.)

- option to ignore shuffle mode in queue

UI:

- restyled skins (larger controls, less controls initially visible, expandable menus, bigger album art, etc.)

- ability to load skins from Market/apk/jar files on SD card (PowerAMP Classic external skin is available with PowerAMP 2.0 release)

- OpenGL cover animation

- grid view for folders/albums lists

- new Equalizer/Tone and Library layouts

- new configurable Lock Screen

- new configurable 4x4, 4x2, 4x1, and 2x2 home screen widgets

- improved Settings layout and reorganized options

Other:

- lyrics download (via separate musiXmatch plugin)

- more than 100 changes in total and more are coming in the next PowerAMP 2.x releases!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Max,

In reference to this post in the beta 3 thread: http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/1818-Poweramp-v20-beta-3/page__st__80__p__6832#entry6832

I got my album art working with your suggestions. However, my mp3 replaygain tags still do not seem to be read at all. I went into foobar and it is set to write tags in id3v2.3. Any other ideas? Thank you for the continued support, you are doing an awesome service to your users.

bretth1974

I have no error logs for that, I can assume this is some sort of ROM issue. If you can, please capture and send log (with CatLog app) to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com.

Thanks!

daniel165

There are no changes outside changelog. Not sure what "respond on start" is, though.

jmc

I don't have any mp3 handy with any rg issues, including generated in foobar2000. Please send your mp3 with rg info to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com for tests.

Thanks!

HI MAXMP

search function works fine when music is on tablet memory but crashes when trying to search SD card. I put one album on tab memory and switched of SD card folder and worked fine when I tried a search.

Seems like search function doesn't like searchingvthrive SD card for some reason

Thanks brett

Hello! I'm a huge fan and longtime user of this app. I love the new UI in beta 3, but I am having trouble getting the same volume output as the market release (1.4 I think?). I've toyed with the EQ and preamp and I disabled the limiter as well. Is there any tips someone could give me to get back to the great sound that attracted me to this app?

So I guess this is not going to be addressed

The album art i have stored in a folder, doesnt match up to the actual album. Sometimes i will see a cover being used for an album that already has its own. Seems like its randomly selecting album art from any folder. When i open Poweramp, the artwork matches the album, i scroll thru the albums and go back, the artwork is out of order.

Example, this first pic is what its supposed to look like (sorry for the large pics)

DBMJPl.jpg

this is how it looks after i scroll down, and then scroll back up, notice the artwork doesnt match anymore

dPA13l.jpg

So I guess this is not going to be addressed

<big graphic deleted>

Are your album covers saved in their folders and named something like "folder.jpg"? Or are they embedded in the tags of each song? If you're doing one, I'd suggest trying the other to see if that has any effect. And make sure you blow away the cached data.

Sorting by year reserse still doesn't work right.

It's actually working fine for me, I've checked in the file/folders list and in All Songs - both of them showed everything in forward and reverse date sorting order correctly (using real file-modifield dates, not date added; 'date added' has lots of items with the same datestamp, so reverse does not make much sense). The "Recent" option in Library shows only 200 items, so you see the latest 200 items (forward) or oldest 200 items (reverse) but not the ones inbetween (again, using filesystem modified dates).

[Edit: ah, you meant sort by YEAR, not by DATE didn't you?]

Andre

timrock

As any other bug, it can be addressed only if it can be reproduced. At this moment I can't reproduce it on any of my test devices. How exactly do you have your album art for these folders? Embed images? Some jpegs? Embed images + jpegs?

PowerAMP caches about 150 images in folder view. They shouldn't change at all, once loaded, on scroll - and they don't for all our available devices + setups. I will keep eye on this issue and if some other related use case appears which can be reproduced - it will be fixed.

Thanks!

JunBringer

You can try to toggle Direct Volume Control in PowerAMP Advanced Audio Engine settings. Though, DVC makes it louder, though, on some devices (to this moment only on SGS2) the volume ramp can differ to the stock player.

how to set " auto-advance options moved from Settings to Advance List repeat mode", not see any place that activate the auto-advance.

It's in the main player screen now. Just tap on the album art area and buttons will appear in the corners of the display (much larger than the old ones, which I found could be very difficult to tap accurately). The Repeat button is bottom-left, tap to cycle through, or long-press to see all the options.

Andre

Hi, I firstly want to say great job on this app. My favorite Android music player, by far!

That said, there is one feature that I feel this update is lacking. In the previous version of Poweramp, I was able to set the click behavior of items in the song list (for example, I could choose to have the song start playing and the player immediately pop up). While that feature is retained in 2.0, the option of "Play song on first click, go to player on second" is missing. I'm making due with the "Play and go to main UI" option, but the fact that the song starts over every time I click on it is annoying. I want it to keep playing (I realize that could just hit the "player" button on the bottom, but muscle memory is a *****).

Daniel

There are plans for extended tag editing (PowerAMP new tag engine fully allows that), but that was deferred until, saying, 2.1 release.

Comment editing is disabled as comment field often contains important gapless info (iTunes gapless tag is set via comment), thus, editing it is not appropriate.

Probably, I can make it smarter and allow comment editing if it's empty/is not gapless info.

Anyway, tag editing is going to be extended greatly, I already have bunch of useful requests on this part from haddy.

Eclipse42

You're right, exactly that option was replaced with a bit different behavior. Nevertheless, this song-restart allows you to do things previously not possible in PowerAMP 1.4, e.g.:

- in main player screen, you can long press song info to get album/artist/folder menu, then go to the appropriate list

- now you can re-press the same song and start playing the selected list with the current song.

I personally like this approach, as it allows (while playing random folder/all songs) to select the current song's folder or album and play the current song and the appropriate folder/album with one press.

Though, I can return (in the next PowerAMP v2.1 release) option which mimics the previous v1.4 behavior.

Thanks!

this rc version is great, the stereo x effect is awesome! but one little bug:

when touching the album art for getting more options (equ, tone/vol, shuffle, ...) some times it changes the track, i mean the track changing swipe gesture is sooo sensitive! sometimes annoying..

tnx fpr ur great job, the one and only great player in Android

p.s: Samsung Galaxy SII 2.3.5

timrock

As any other bug, it can be addressed only if it can be reproduced. At this moment I can't reproduce it on any of my test devices. How exactly do you have your album art for these folders? Embed images? Some jpegs? Embed images + jpegs?

Poweramp caches about 150 images in folder view. They shouldn't change at all, once loaded, on scroll - and they don't for all our available devices + setups. I will keep eye on this issue and if some other related use case appears which can be reproduced - it will be fixed.

Thanks!

I've got a few more artist folders than 150 on my phone and it definitely has issues keeping them in cache and it starts to bog down the device if I scroll through them quickly. Would it be possible to get this number increased?

Running on an Xperia X10

Archived