PowerAMP v2.0 (Release)
Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:29 PM
Download PowerAMP Standard Widget Pack 2.0-build-22 (Note: this widget pack is compatible with PowerAMP v1.4 as well)
Download PowerAMP Classic Skin APK
Download PowerAMP Classic Skin JAR (same as apk, different packaging. Copy it to sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/skins/ to install the skin)
- enabled deletion
- updated musiXmatch plugin
- stability improvements (may help with stability on few custom ROMs as well)
Full Changelog (from v1.4):
- Direct Volume Control for new Android 2.3+ sound system where available.
Direct Volume Control results in volume level equal (or higher with positive preamp) to stock player, but with the Equalizer/Tone enabled
- re-tuned equalizer/tone controls for Direct Volume Control (gives a larger range of distortion-free sound, deeper basses)
- output limiter. Ensures distortion-free sound even on extreme equalizer/tone amplification levels
- support for .mpc (sv7/sv8), .aif/.aiff
- replay gain support for all supported formats which support Replay Gain (mp3, mp4/m4a, flac, ape, wv, tta, ogg, mpc) (most effective with Direct Volume Control)
- stereo expansion effect (Stereo X)
- mix-to-mono, balance
- custom complete Library/Media Scanner implementation, 10x-100x scan speed comparing to system library tag scanner, 1000 songs scanned in 15-30sec (depends on phone/sd card)
- Music Folder hierarchical selection. PowerAMP scans only the folders selected in Settings => Music Folders\
- permanent shuffle. Shuffle session is stored in database and survive PowerAMP restart, phone reboots etc.
- Menu => List Opts for almost each Folder/Library list with the sorting, view mode, and other per-list options
- playlist unification, no more Folders vs Library playlists
- m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl playlist file formats support. Sync'ed playlists - any change to playlist is written back to m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl files\n
- playlist export from system Library
- embed cue support (flac, wv, ape)
- full-library and folders search
- history of songs played and other smart playlists (Most Played, Top Rated, Recently Played, Recently Added. Each list can be set to be sorted in Reverse. Enable these lists via
Menu => Lists Opts in Library)
- rating system. PowerAMP 2.0 stores ratings in own database only. Later versions will also sync ratings back to track tags\n
- option not to add duplicates to playlist
- auto-advance options moved from Settings to Advance List repeat mode
- new Shuffle modes: shuffle songs then lists; shuffle lists, songs in order
- home screen playlist shortcut support
- voice search support ("Listen to")
- track "Send" action support (Bluetooth, email, etc.)
- option to ignore shuffle mode in queue
- restyled skins (larger controls, less controls initially visible, expandable menus, bigger album art, etc.)
- ability to load skins from Market/apk/jar files on SD card (PowerAMP Classic external skin is available with PowerAMP 2.0 release)
- OpenGL cover animation
- grid view for folders/albums lists
- new Equalizer/Tone and Library layouts
- new configurable Lock Screen
- new configurable 4x4, 4x2, 4x1, and 2x2 home screen widgets
- improved Settings layout and reorganized options
- lyrics download (via separate musiXmatch plugin)
- more than 100 changes in total and more are coming in the next PowerAMP 2.x releases!
Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:29 PM
In reference to this post in the beta 3 thread: http://forum.poweram..._6832#entry6832
I got my album art working with your suggestions. However, my mp3 replaygain tags still do not seem to be read at all. I went into foobar and it is set to write tags in id3v2.3. Any other ideas? Thank you for the continued support, you are doing an awesome service to your users.
Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:41 PM
I have no error logs for that, I can assume this is some sort of ROM issue. If you can, please capture and send log (with CatLog app) to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com.
There are no changes outside changelog. Not sure what "respond on start" is, though.
I don't have any mp3 handy with any rg issues, including generated in foobar2000. Please send your mp3 with rg info to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com for tests.
Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:50 PM
search function works fine when music is on tablet memory but crashes when trying to search SD card. I put one album on tab memory and switched of SD card folder and worked fine when I tried a search.
Seems like search function doesn't like searchingvthrive SD card for some reason
Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:52 PM
Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:53 PM
The album art i have stored in a folder, doesnt match up to the actual album. Sometimes i will see a cover being used for an album that already has its own. Seems like its randomly selecting album art from any folder. When i open Poweramp, the artwork matches the album, i scroll thru the albums and go back, the artwork is out of order.
Example, this first pic is what its supposed to look like (sorry for the large pics)
this is how it looks after i scroll down, and then scroll back up, notice the artwork doesnt match anymore
Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:02 PM
So I guess this is not going to be addressed
<big graphic deleted>
Are your album covers saved in their folders and named something like "folder.jpg"? Or are they embedded in the tags of each song? If you're doing one, I'd suggest trying the other to see if that has any effect. And make sure you blow away the cached data.
Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:31 AM
Sorting by year reserse still doesn't work right.
It's actually working fine for me, I've checked in the file/folders list and in All Songs - both of them showed everything in forward and reverse date sorting order correctly (using real file-modifield dates, not date added; 'date added' has lots of items with the same datestamp, so reverse does not make much sense). The "Recent" option in Library shows only 200 items, so you see the latest 200 items (forward) or oldest 200 items (reverse) but not the ones inbetween (again, using filesystem modified dates).
[Edit: ah, you meant sort by YEAR, not by DATE didn't you?]
Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:29 AM
As any other bug, it can be addressed only if it can be reproduced. At this moment I can't reproduce it on any of my test devices. How exactly do you have your album art for these folders? Embed images? Some jpegs? Embed images + jpegs?
PowerAMP caches about 150 images in folder view. They shouldn't change at all, once loaded, on scroll - and they don't for all our available devices + setups. I will keep eye on this issue and if some other related use case appears which can be reproduced - it will be fixed.
You can try to toggle Direct Volume Control in PowerAMP Advanced Audio Engine settings. Though, DVC makes it louder, though, on some devices (to this moment only on SGS2) the volume ramp can differ to the stock player.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users