PowerAMP v2.0 beta 3

maxmp

Did you try clearing any cached data via Settings/Advanced/Folders-Library Scanner/Erase and Rescan? I had some funky cover art stuff going on until I did this.

did you click "Prefer In-Folder Images" under Settings/Album Art?

Technically, this can happen if you have pretty large number of folders (>120), thus in-memory album art cache is invalidated when you're scrolling and new covers are being resolved. Generally, such cover resolution should result in exactly the same album art, unless file system sorts files differently for each cover resolution.

For 33 folders, like in your screenshot, all images will be loaded once into memory and shouldn't change, still, they can change if you have download album art enabled. Poweramp will download album art for albums and this can also affect folder thumbnails.

i tried the first two suggestions and it still happens. i disabled download album art (i wasnt connected to the net at either time) and the issue is still there.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, first of all what a wonderful wonderful app this is. Your new Beta Version is incredible and a huge improvement on the previous version.

I have one question. When I select "Artists" it shows "Albums" by that Artist then when album is selected its shows "songs". Is there anyway to remove the "Albums" part of this process so that when I select Artist it just shows songs by that artist?

I know its only one extra button press but If I wanted to find an Album I would select "Album" from the library.

Thanks again for a top app

Calvo1

This is one thing I don't particularly like about Poweramp. In my mind, once a song's been played it should REMOVED from the queue, not just greyed out, otherwise - it's not really a queue.

Right, until cleared, Queue will allow playing "grayed" songs, adding songs into playlists, etc. This is the same behavior as in Poweramp v1.4.

Thanks!

Naxiz

For some reason, your launcher app selected the horizontal orientation for widget layout - unfortunately, this is out of (PowerAMP) app reach - as launcher is a separate application, which selects widget layouts by its own (and can also has its own bugs).

talios

It behaves exactly like a queue, unless you use extra features of it (ability to click and play from any song in queue; add to playlist, etc.).

If you just add songs to queue and then listen to queue, it always plays only not-yet-played songs.

Oh okay, thanks!

I usually never use the landscape mode for my launcher, but I was doing something in landscape and then my launcher turned into landscape mode, too.

But I just tried again, and the widget works perfectly in landscape mode and normal mode without bugging. Anyway, it's not important for me then. Thanks!

Hello, I'm having two issues with Poweramp currently.

First, I am having some trouble getting Poweramp to read replaygain data for my mp3 files. My library consists of both .ogg and .mp3 files. The replaygain data is read correctly for the .ogg files, however for the .mp3 files it is not read at all. I have tested this by applying different gain values to the same track, and there is no difference in volume at all. The replaygain data was written from foobar2000.

Secondly, the embedded album art for my .ogg files is not displaying at all. The album art does display, however, for my .mp3 files. This was not an issue in v1.4, all the album art displayed correctly back then.

I am running Poweramp 2.0 beta 3 on my Motorola Droid 1.

Any insight as to the cause of these problems would be appreciated, and please forgive my ignorance if I am missing something obvious. Thanks, and thanks for the fantastic music player! Keep up the great work!

I'm using beta 3, just found a minor bug. The SRS settings doesn't seem to save. If I turn it on, listen to some songs and quit the app. Next time when I run the app again, "SRS Enhancement" is selected but the effect is just not there. I have to press that option again and immediately I can hear the difference.

BUG REPORT: (on Android 2.2)

Poweramp scanns Library files after each reboot.

Poweramp doesn't sort Foldes by DATE !!!

Poweramp doesn't delite files even if it's been checked in the settings.

Best regards from 4pda.ru

Good to know - I had noticed that but wasn't sure. It's not really a problem, it just "felt" wrong. Maybe a menu option to "remove played tracks", similar to "remove duplicates".

talios

It behaves exactly like a queue, unless you use extra features of it (ability to click and play from any song in queue; add to playlist, etc.).

If you just add songs to queue and then listen to queue, it always plays only not-yet-played songs.

Actually - one thing that REALLY bugs me about the queue. If I'm sitting at track "45/100" in a queue, then clear the queue, and add 100 or so songs to the queue, the player is still at "45/100" in the queue, rather than what I'd expect - being 1/100.

Good to know - I had noticed that but wasn't sure. It's not really a problem, it just "felt" wrong. Maybe a menu option to "remove played tracks", similar to "remove duplicates".

Hi,

Iam testing the beta3 version (paid) on a samsung Galaxy S2 (9100).

The firmware Iam using is "CyanogenMod".

Problem:

Power AMP stops playing the mp3 file if the screen turn off.

Not immediatley but I think it stops when the Lock Screen is activated.

My other MP3 software has no problem with that.

Maybe you can fix this.

Greeting Malcom

jmc

PowerAMP v1.4 doesn't support embed album art for ogg, PowerAMP v2.0 supports one of the ogg approaches to embed album art (COVERART comment). This is the only approach I was able to find "in the wild" oggs, but as ogg has no standard on cover art embedding, I imaging you can have it embed differently.

As for RG, I can confirm that beta3 is processing RG from Foobar2000. Note, that you need to have RG set via tags "native" to format. This is id3v2 for mp3s, ape for apes, etc. If you, for example, apply RG via ape tag to mp3, it won't be read.

itandy

What is your phone model/android os? I can't reproduce it on couple of HTC phones supporting the "DHD" effects.

T3mp3

Please indicate your phone model/android os version as none of your reported issues are reproducable on any of more than 30 android devices we have locally for testing :) Except, of course, for deletion - file deletion is disabled in beta3.

I can guess, than rescans on reboot is caused by faulty sd card which for some reason doesn't apply "last modified" properly to files, or there is time/date issues on the phone.

PowerAMP scanning depends on phone date/time + files last modified date/time. PowerAMP knowns if it should rescan the file if file "last modified" is changed. If "last modified" is borked on the device, there is no way of knowing file was changed or not.

Note that system media scanner always runs on boot, and it 10-100x slower than PowerAMP's.

Malcolm

Sorry, but I don't think I can work around this custom ROM issue. PowerAMP doesn't behave like this on any of known stock ROMs, this is custom ROM bug and it should be fixed in that custom ROM. Where possible (with minimal, non destructive changes) I add workarounds for custom ROMs, e.g. I fixed issue with incorrect (again) checkJNI option on many roms, including the mentioned by you ROM. Note that checkJNI option slow downs any native code to java communication for 30-50%, this includes some Cyanogen builds. I don't understand how ROM developers can miss something like this. It basically shows quality of such ROMs (and Cyanogen is one of the best of them).

Hello,

Why is it that only one song are added to my playlists when i try to add a whole album or when I add from a file-based m3u playlist?

During the process it will say that it added all the songs but when i go check the playlist only one song is added.

Anybody else have this issue?

itandy

What is your phone model/android os? I can't reproduce it on couple of HTC phones supporting the "DHD" effects.

I'm using HTC Incredible S on Trinity SensationXL ROM (Android 2.3.5 + Sense 3.5). I mostly use Resume On Headset Connect to start playing. I wonder if it's the reason.

I'm seeing something similar - but I've not tracked down exactly what its doing just yet.

One thing I have noticed which may just be making me THINK this problem exists, is that Poweramp shows the number of tracks that USED to be in a .m3u playlist the last time it looked at them. I use iSyncrWifi to update my playlists with iTunes, and it rewrites the .m3u playlists, which when I go and look at them will say for example "10 songs", but if I add the playlist then I'll see "30 songs" ( 10 being yesterdays count, 30 being the current ).

It could just be misleading you?

Hello,

Why is it that only one song are added to my playlists when i try to add a whole album or when I add from a file-based m3u playlist?

During the process it will say that it added all the songs but when i go check the playlist only one song is added.

Anybody else have this issue?

As for RG, I can confirm that beta3 is processing RG from Foobar2000. Note, that you need to have RG set via tags "native" to format. This is id3v2 for mp3s, ape for apes, etc. If you, for example, apply RG via ape tag to mp3, it won't be read.

How can this (correct) tagging behaviour be controlled in Foobar2000?

When I just use the default settings in Foobar2000 the RG-tags in my mp3-files are not read by PA.

I also use Foobar2000 to RG-tag my FLAC-files, and these tags are read by PA.

Best regards

Hi,

I'm using beta3 as registered version with CheckROM Revolution 1.0 on my Galaxy S II. Everything is fine except the widget pack. I've configured three 4x1 widgets. Two on my SPB shell and one on the widgetlocker lockscreen. Sometimes after booting the phone, the widgetbackground stays white and the widgets are unusable. Never had that with 1.4 widgets! I hope you can fix that soon.

Thx!

Several issues that I've noticed:

• I have the EQ presets set so that it will be on "phone speaker" when I do not have anything plugged into the headphone jack and "flat" for when I do have headphones plugged in. Whenever I plug headphones in, the player unpauses the music before changing the EQ setting--so I have a momentarily loud volume before the EQ goes flat (this has been a problem with the player before you started working on 2.0)
  • After the player pauses when I remove the headphones and I leave it paused for a while, my queue will start over (instead of resuming where it left off). If I try to manually select the song (in the queue view) that it left of on, it plays the first song (which is greyed out) instead of the song that I selected. The only way to get back to where I was is to skip tracks until I get back to my place.
  • The player handles longer "short audio focus changes" just fine, but the "facebook pop" sound appears to be too short. Whenever my phone plays that sound, the player pauses. Alternatively, if the "facebook pop" plays while the player is paused (and plugged into a headphone jack) then it will unpause the music on its own.

Thank you for all of your great work. I honestly would not give feedback if I didn't really appreciate your product and its constant improvements.

--Droid Incredible, rooted, stock OS

Hi, I'm having an issue with album art icon not being displayed in album and folder lists when the image file is named "albumart". It works with "cover". This is happening since version 2 beta 1 and beta 3, working correctly in version 1.

I have many folders with an albumart.jpg in it that don't work anymore.

Hi Max.

I already posted a bug about the sorting in album view (here). Can you reproduce it or is it maybe already known?

I also wondered, that after the last song of an album finished, Poweramp dosen't jump to the next album of the libary. Cause in version 1 it worked like this. I don't know if I overlooked an option, or if in version 2 it just works after I add some albums into the queue. In my opinion this would be a bit cumbersome and a step backward in the usability.

An other note I want to give: It's no actually no bug, but the animiation when I rapidly wipe over the screen to change a song is to fast. When you skip a song by the "next song" key the animation looks much better.

But all in all the version seems to work quite good. Great work! Im really looking forward to see the final.:)

I am having problems with Flac embedded art. The art shows up fine in the Library. If i turn on the "Show CUE disc image files" option in the library a nine song file will show up as 10 songs (the tenth being the entire flac file). Then if i play the album (in the player view) tracks 1-8 will display album art and track nine will show the Poweramp logo and the tenth track (the single track of the entire flac file) will display the embedded art also. This does the same behavior regardless of the number of tracks, the last track before the single flac track does not display album art.

If i turn "Show CUE disc image files" off, which is what i want to do, the album art thumbnails display correctly in the library but nothing but the Poweramp logo displays in the player. I checked my flac file and the art displays correctly in foobar2000, squeezebox server, amarok, banshee and songbird, as well as in the library view of Poweramp.

If i miss configured something let me know, otherwise I can do anything to test further. I chose Poweramp because all my CD's i have encoded in flac with embedded art and it is nice to have an android player that works correctly with embedded tags (the tags work great.

Thanks

sean

I'm using beta 3 and Samsung Galaxy S2. When you look carefully at album art in player mode, you will notice that lines or letters that are supposed to be perfectly straight are slightly edged. Some sort of image zooming/scaling problem. No such problem on version 1.4. Any way to fix this?

Also, I unchecked "Show track counter" but 4x1 widget still shows track counter.

Amazing software, keep up the good work!

Archived