• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   03/22/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code. It's not quite ready for open testing yet, and although he would like to be able to get it out by the end of the March it may just drop over into April. See forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
maxmp

Poweramp TODO list/features in progress

211 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Fusco said:

Hi! It would be nice if we can have an option for the alphabetic order of the tracks wich allow the app to consider the "THE" of many bands name instead of ignoring it and using the second word for the place.

Use Folder sorting, as that uses full-text string sorting at the list level rather than corrected alphabetical (i.e. ignoring articles such as "a", "an", "the") ordering

Andre

Is there any info about new theme progress? Thanks in advance

19 minutes ago, Sekula925 said:

Is there any info about new theme progress? Thanks in advance

I wish there was something more I could tell you, but I haven't heard anything back on the subject from Max since the start of November, when he said was aiming to have a new beta release ready for January. I emailed him on Thursday to see if there was anything more definite, but not had a reply as yet.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I wish there was something more I could tell you, but I haven't heard anything back on the subject from Max since the start of November, when he said was aiming to have a new beta release ready for January. I emailed him on Thursday to see if there was anything more definite, but not had a reply as yet.

Andre

Shame, at least he could send us some pics to see how it will look like, hope we will see this month, thanks again

4 hours ago, Sekula925 said:

Shame, at least he could send us some pics to see how it will look like

I've asked Max for a few teaser screenshots too, several times actually, but I guess he's been too busy to create any. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything anyway. 

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I've asked Max for a few teaser screenshots too, several times actually, but I guess he's been too busy to create any. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything anyway. 

Andre

👍

I just had an update from Max saying that he expects to be able to issue a "feature complete" beta in March (which will include the new user interface) and after a short testing period v3 will become the official release product. He hasn't been able to release any interim versions as until the UI is fully complete parts of the app would not work. 

DLNA, Chromecast and social stuff will not be in the initial 3.0 release but are planned to be introduced in subsequent builds (otherwise the thing would never get released!).

Andre

On 1/26/2017 at 1:54 PM, andrewilley said:

I just had an update from Max saying that he expects to be able to issue a "feature complete" beta in March (which will include the new user interface) and after a short testing period v3 will become the official release product. He hasn't been able to release any interim versions as until the UI is fully complete parts of the app would not work. 

DLNA, Chromecast and social stuff will not be in the initial 3.0 release but are planned to be introduced in subsequent builds (otherwise the thing would never get released!).

Andre

hello andre, any news about new theme update? thanks

2 hours ago, Sekula925 said:

hello andre, any news about new theme update? thanks

Max hasn't told me anything to contradict his March target (as yet anyway!)

Andre

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Max hasn't told me anything to contradict his March target (as yet anyway!)

Andre

hm.. he could at least send some info about progress, not necessarly exact date release, thank you for fast answer