Poweramp TODO list/features in progress

maxmp

Planned features for Poweramp

- UI improvements (we'll keep 3rd party skins compatible)

- support for album grabbing apps via system library album art support

- google music song info

- system library playlists support

- settings export/import (to/from sd card, including equ/tone presets)

- advanced tag editing

- rating sync'ing from/to tags

- optional (enabled by default) support for standard android .nomedia files

- special treatment for user created playlists/queue, which keeps songs in playlist even if songs are deleted/temporarily unaccessible to Poweramp

Bunch of 3rd party and in-house plugins, which optionally enhance Poweramp in some direction for users, who need it. We don't put everything in "monster" Poweramp package, instead, these

are separately downloadable plugins:

- cloud services via 3rd party plugins

- smart playlist via 3rd party plugin

- online radios via 3rd party plugins

- automatic tag matching via 3rd party plugin

- lyrics via 3rd party plugins

- audio effects via 3rd party plugins

- Sony Smart* accessories support via plugin

- "Social" Poweramp plugin for FB, VK.com, Twitter

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we get to add to this post directly? :)

I'd vote for a very simple configurable set of options for the player's 'Menu' button, so you can choose the initial five/six items which pop up when you press the Menu button (as everyone's usage style is wildly different). Unless the skin editor will allow that already? (fingers crossed)

Andre

Get me TODO list.. I wanna see TODO list NOW (*joking sarcasm*...*throws toys out of pram*).

Android 4.0 'Ice Cream Sandwich' has been released today on the Galaxy Nexus... so a Poweramp v2.0 final comes just in time, perfect.

Thanks ever so much, Max.

Here is a copy of that previous old TODO list (before v2.0 beta releases) before you migrated to this forum:

TODO list/features in progress

by maxmpz »

Major update (v2.0):

Beta Release - September 2011.

Full Release - TBD

(xx% complete means status for current dev builds).

UI changes:

- restyled skins (larger controls, less controls visible, expandable menus, bigger album art) (100% complete)

- downloadable skins via separate packages (100% complete, skins to be released with some delay after 2.0 release)

- 3rd party skins support (100% complete)

- better main screen cover animation (like coverflow, but with limited # of album art images) (OpenGL) (100% complete)

- grid views for lists (100% complete)

Audio processing changes:

- Direct Volume Control for new Android 2.3+ sound system where available (currently, all 2.3+ phones except HTC sensation, which misses this feature). Direct Volume Control results in volume level equal (or higher with positive preamp) to stock player, but with the Equalizer/Tone enabled. (100% complete)

- re-tuned equalizer/tone controls for Direct Volume Control (gives a larger range of distortion-free sound, deeper basses) (100% complete)

- output limiter (100% complete)

- .mpc files support (100% complete)

- replay gain support for all supported formats which support Replay Gain (mp3, mp4/m4a, flac, ape, wv, tta, ogg, mpc) (will be most effective with Direct Volume Control) (100% complete)

- stereo expansion effect (100% complete)

- mix-to-mono, balance (100% complete)

Library/playlist changes:

- NEW: "permanent shuffle". Shuffle sessions are stored to database and survive Poweramp restart, list changes, phone reboots etc. (100% ready)

- custom fast library implementation, 10x-100x scan speed comparing to system library tag scanner, 1000 songs scanned in 15-30sec (depending on phone/sd card) (100% complete)

- playlist unification, no more Folders vs Library playlists (technically, all playlist become Folder playlists). (100% complete)

- export/import from/to Library playlists (100% complete)

- m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl playlist support. Sync'ed file playlists - any change to playlist is written back to m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl file. (100% complete)

- embed cue support (flac, wv, ape) (100% complete)

- full-library search (100% complete)

- history of songs played/other smart playlists (recent added, most played, etc) (100% complete)

- rating system, rating based songs list (100% complete)

- option not to add duplicates to playlist (100% complete)

Other:

- lyrics download (via separate 3rd party app/plugin) (100% complete)

Deferred:

- rating tag support (deferred to 2.x)

- optional visualizations (spectrum, wave) (deferred to 2.x)

- more tags visible in info screen (via expandable panel) (deferred to 2.x)

- .lrc lyrics support (deferred to 2.x)

Note, that I'm still keeping the Poweramp UI as simple as possible. There won't be like 10x+ options in context menus (unless somebody creates skin with such menu ), many features will be disabled by default, so only who really needs them will enable them.

Also, the Poweramp releases usually have more features than highlighted in this list.

The lock-screen slider just reminded me something:

Months ago I put forth a suggestion for the ability to jump to Poweramp directly from lock-screen widget (maybe even bypassing a security lock)

Thanks for the feedback/requests.

5. not sure if it will be a jump, but 2 mode slider is planned, one of the sliding position will be go to Poweramp.

was the idea dismissed for a reason?

• 2 weeks later...

A quick point of clarification from the previous todo list:

- grid views for lists (100% complete)

This seems to only be enabled for a couple of views (like albums), but most views don't have it (like artists, genres, etc.). Are the existing lists the only ones that are going to get this view, or is it going to be supported for more lists somewhere down the road?

A quick point of clarification from the previous todo list:

"- grid views for lists (100% complete)"

This seems to only be enabled for a couple of views (like albums), but most views don't have it (like artists, genres, etc.). Are the existing lists the only ones that are going to get this view, or is it going to be supported for more lists somewhere down the road?

PowerMP only has 'grid view' for Albums as I think Max (the developer) thought it more appropriate that way atm.

PlayerPro, however, seems much more lightweight in resources than Poweramp (*cough* excuse me PowerMP) out-the-box and I think that's why PlayerPro is able to better support grid views for Artists and Genre's, I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Planned features for Poweramp v2.1

- settings export/import (to/from sd card, including equ/tone presets)

- option to disable auto library scan

- advanced tag editing

- rating sync'ing from/to tags

will the sync rating be compatible with mediamonkey in both ways?

Right now i am unable to get it working.

First, is there an ETA on the v2.1 update? Weeks? Months?

will the sync rating be compatible with mediamonkey in both ways?

Right now i am unable to get it working.

This is very important to me as well! It was hard enough finding an application that will sync ratings to and from the device (why is it so hard! Android/mass storage devices need proper syncing support on PC!!!) Now that I have figured out Media Monkey, I only need Poweramp to read and write ratings.

Otherwise, this player is hands down the best and I am very pleased with my purchase... unfortunately can't use until ratings work :(

Excellent Player.

Only a little request about the UI: is there any way to move the bar of the music over the cover and leave the bar with the play and other buttons under the cover? :) An interface like the Ipod one. So the cover will be between the two bars, not over both.

Thank you very much!

Sgnao

• 2 weeks later...

Archived